+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CCR Liberty missing info

Silent diver
    Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci's Avatar
    Meg,JJ-CCR,Inspiration,Prism2

Ouroboros, Sentinel, Kiss,rEvo

Re: CCR Liberty missing info

I totally agree

best
    Aldo

Quote Originally Posted by lof  View Original Post
    Micky,

Here are some answers

1) There is no requirement to send the unit to manufacturer for annual maintenance. You can do that yourself. You are in Milan, so I would expect pretty fast turnarounds with the main office. Golem Gear services US and we generally send out a replacement parts immediately. All components in the CCR Liberty are plug-and-play so they are easily replaced by the user.
    2) See above, very easy to assemble and disassemble - all bayonet connections and quick connects.
    3) with the upcoming RB Adapter you can mount any bottles and any backplate on Liberty.
    4)All parts are precision machined in ISO certified facility. No moulding.
    5) I am an Instructor Trainer, thus biased :)

Here are some videos to give you more info about the CCR Liberty.
    https://vimeo.com/channels/886697

Hope it helps.
    Aldo Ferrucci
    Trimix and Rebreather IT
    Technical CCR/OC Training for Diver and Instructor in Italian - French - English in Italy, France, Belgium, Switzerland,Spain, Red Sea and beyond
    Megalodon/Copis - Inspiration/Evolution - JJ-CCR - Poseidon Discovery MKVI - Instructor Trainer and Dealer

www.aldoferrucci.com FB Aldo Ferrucci
    I like bubbles only in my glass of Champagne

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Quote Originally Posted by Mcelada  View Original Post
    Jakub, great info. I have taken my decision....and...the winner isssssss....
    LIBERTY!! (after a try dive today). News posted soon for the course.
    Thanks everybody....and for 1.000€ I can sell the comparison table, excel based, i did for my decision!! Joking of course!
    Michele
    Great choice!
    You will like it.

RBW Member Mcelada is an unknown quantity at this point Mcelada's Avatar
    CCR Liberty

Course will be in Jan with Aldo!

Quote Originally Posted by lof  View Original Post
    Great choice!
    You will like it.

RBW Member Vanny is an unknown quantity at this point Vanny's Avatar
    Inspo vision

Enjoy !

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

To correct my statement from December of 2015: As of 2017 the service is now required.
    See https://www.ccrliberty.com/pdf/Servi...escription.pdf
    for details.

RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Liberty

Good to see Divesoft holding retailers accountable for stating blatantly incorrect info for potential customers to read. You got me hook line and sinker when I read this about a year ago.

However what you said it still incorrect. My 2016 manual states that annual service is required by sending the unit to the manufacture, or by a certified Liberty systems maintainer - nothing about being able to do it yourself. This isn't something new. In fact I doubt very much that the Divesoft ever claimed that an owner could do his/her own service, then at a later time changed their mind and said it was required to send it to a manufacturer or certified technician. You can't save face with this one.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Unfortunately having a manufacturer require that the RB be returned for service (for example via electronics lock out) is a very good reason not to buy their products. Some of us are just not in a position to be able to ship RBs across the world n fight with customs at both ends, while not being able to dive the unit for many weeks.
    I won't own anything that has this requirement!
    Yes, print a shop manual, but also recommend that the customer who would prefer not to do his own work have it done by a factory authorised tech (listed on the company website).

Michael

RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Liberty

You make a good point. I read this thread over a year ago thinking how convenient it would be to own a liberty and be able to service it myself, seeing how inconvenient it is to send it to Florida from Okinawa on a yearly basis. I should have thoroughly read the manual vice trusting the words of these retailers.

Going on a work trip for a month, hoping it comes back by the time I return.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2