+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Under water light dude gen 5

RBW Member s115 is an unknown quantity at this point s115's Avatar
    Meg Apecs/SW

Under water light dude gen 5

Just moved from a gen 4 to a gen 5 ld35 can. Done a few weeks of diving here in cave country. Light output is fantastic, the sealed charging system is flawless. Best light i've owned by far (owned 4 other brands over the years), puts all others to shame.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Re: Under water light dude gen 5

Ive had the Ld-26 for about 2 months now. It is amazing. Very bright. The new charging methodology is FAR superior to any light Ive owned and I absolutely love having the piezo on the light head as opposed to reaching to the top of the canister to turn it on.

Also - Service from Bobby is still second to none. I purchased the light from one of his distributors and the distributor accidentally shipped me a LD 15 head. I called bobby to tell him that I didn't think the light was as bright as it should be and he asked me to send it to him. The next day he called and told me that my light wasnt as bright as it should be, due to the fact that I was shipped the wrong light. Even though it was the store's fault - Bobby shipped me out the correct head immediately and handled the exchange with the store on his own so I didn't have to go through that.

I will say that I was skeptical at first about the latchless lid - but it has won me over. Not having the latches makes it cleaner and on the revo has made a more creative mounting location doable (Ill post pics later).

Basically - I love the new UWLD light and cant say enough good things about it so far.

RBW Member s115 is an unknown quantity at this point s115's Avatar
    Meg Apecs/SW

Re: Under water light dude gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by manni-yunk  View Original Post
    Ive had the Ld-26 for about 2 months now. It is amazing. Very bright. The new charging methodology is FAR superior to any light Ive owned and I absolutely love having the piezo on the light head as opposed to reaching to the top of the canister to turn it on.

Also - Service from Bobby is still second to none. I purchased the light from one of his distributors and the distributor accidentally shipped me a LD 15 head. I called bobby to tell him that I didn't think the light was as bright as it should be and he asked me to send it to him. The next day he called and told me that my light wasnt as bright as it should be, due to the fact that I was shipped the wrong light. Even though it was the store's fault - Bobby shipped me out the correct head immediately and handled the exchange with the store on his own so I didn't have to go through that.

I will say that I was skeptical at first about the latchless lid - but it has won me over. Not having the latches makes it cleaner and on the revo has made a more creative mounting location doable (Ill post pics later).

Basically - I love the new UWLD light and cant say enough good things about it so far.
    good to hear of another positive story....i suspect they are all like this however :)

UWLD/shearwater lead the way in customer service in the dive industry!

Talking Re: Under water light dude gen 5

UWLD/shearwater lead the way in customer service in the dive industry![/QUOTE]

For sure! They are the best!

+ Reply to Thread