+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: flex v joki v side kick

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: flex v joki v side kick

Mark - I don't anticipate seeing the Subgravity sidemount until BTS. If you get hands on before that, please let me know.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

Hi.
    Would not this new "HH SM" be a Flex? :) :)

RBW Member Kevin Leonhardt is an unknown quantity at this point Kevin Leonhardt's Avatar
    KISS Sidekick

Quote Originally Posted by atedeschi  View Original Post
    See I feel like this is where I differ from y'all i use my Sidemount rebreather for all my diving. I was talking about it to some friends the WOB between other units and diving Sidemount and think I'm probably compensating for units without knowing it because of the comfort in water.
    Don't get me wrong Anthony, I really enjoy my Sidekick, and WOB is good. The biggest drawbacks to a sidemount rebreather is flood tolerance, which I'm working on, and the issue of balance. You learn to compensate and deal with the left to right imbalance as you breath, but it will never be as effortless as a backmount unit. The only time it bothers me now is in very low silty passage when I'm not moving.

RBW Member atedeschi is an unknown quantity at this point atedeschi's Avatar
    Kiss Classic & Sidekick CCR

revo Hybrid, Golem Flex

Mark
    I saw the pics of the sub gravity one and was some what I expected. From the looks of it though the CLs still have to be attached to your harness. I'll have to take it for a spin when you convert hehe.

Kevin I removed the plastic hose wrap that acts as a anti vacuum device and replaced it with a rolled up shammy which is held in place with a few rubber bands. It's at the lowest point and runs parallel along the length of the scrubber. I know a small piece holds a lot of water a 1/4 of a sheet rolled up holds quite a bit.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

No..... SG showed a new loop configuration for the HH at DEMA. There are lots of pictures and a video on FB.

Quote Originally Posted by jale  View Original Post
    Hi.
    Would not this new "HH SM" be a Flex? :) :)

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    No..... SG showed a new loop configuration for the HH at DEMA. There are lots of pictures and a video on FB.

RBW Member Hagberg is an unknown quantity at this point Hagberg's Avatar
    Homebuilt sidemount CCR

Quote Originally Posted by atedeschi  View Original Post
    See I feel like this is where I differ from y'all i use my Sidemount rebreather for all my diving. I was talking about it to some friends the WOB between other units and diving Sidemount and think I'm probably compensating for units without knowing it because of the comfort in water.

Kevin I tried to get back in touch with you about your voicemail been busy week last week while in Texas I'll try again this week.
    The first rebreather I dove was my own sidemount build, and I was always amazed at the awesome WOB. It felt so much better than OC (which I realize is likely not the true), and I was wondering how all the fancy $6-10,000 rebreathers could breathe so much better, which I just assumed they would do. When I then got certified and used the JJ-CCR on various projects I had very mixed feelings because the WOB is so much better on my own builds. But, for open ocean diving a backmount unit is much simpler to manage.
    So, I think it's all a bit relative. :) (Backmount lungs vs chest- or sidemounted, etc.)
    I have completed dives where my sidemount scrubber was nearly full of water, but due to the design it's a bit easier to control where the water goes and not.

Cheers,
    Andreas

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Hagberg  View Original Post
    ......I had very mixed feelings because the WOB is so much better on my own builds. .....
    I have completed dives where my sidemount scrubber was nearly full of water, but due to the design it's a bit easier to control where the water goes and not.

Sounds like your homebuilt addresses all concerns perfectly.. Bring it to the market ;)

RBW Member Hagberg is an unknown quantity at this point Hagberg's Avatar
    Homebuilt sidemount CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogenius  View Original Post
    Sounds like your homebuilt addresses all concerns perfectly.. Bring it to the market ;)
    Not all concerns. Far from it. At least not yet. And even when I'll feel that all concerns are addressed, someone else will always feel that I'm wrong. ;)

Andreas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Hagberg  View Original Post
    Not all concerns. Far from it. At least not yet. And even when I'll feel that all concerns are addressed, someone else will always feel that I'm wrong. ;)

Andreas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    How about pics and info on your build???
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast