+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Galapagos Rebreathers 2015 expedition

RBW Member
    jorgeantoniomw has a little shameless behaviour in the past jorgeantoniomw's Avatar
    Evolution +

Galapagos Rebreathers 2015 expedition

After an amazing week of rebreather diving in the Galapagos Islands, 16 divers, 220 kilos of Sofnolime used, 25,000+ liters of Oxygen pumped and almost 400 man hours of safe rebreather diving, our 2015 Galapagos Rebreathers expedition ended last September.

A ton of photos, videos and comments flooded social media of all the divers, we've asked them to post them here as well.

Enjoy!

Last edited by jorgeantoniomw; 2nd November 2015 at 03:16.
    Jorge A. MAHAUAD

-------------------------------------------
    Advanced Diving in the Galapagos Islands
    Recreational & Technical Diver Training
    Galapagos Rebreather Trips and Expeditions
    Underwater Exploration and Diver Support
    -------------------------------------------

www.galapagosrebreathers.com
    www.advancedgalapagosdiving.com

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

Re: Galapagos Rebreathers 2015 expedition

The first picture is just so so so beautiful...

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Love the first picture. 😊

Send from P5

RBW Member bradwr is an unknown quantity at this point bradwr's Avatar
    Titan

This was my second time on this trip and both have been absolutely incredible! An experience not to be missed.

Checkout the video of the massive whale shark on our accent.https://youtu.be/M2lRTU6dQIM

And here's a compilation videohttps://youtu.be/gsHRxPl_zU8 of the trip.

_BWW7273.jpgDSC_8026.jpg_BWW7394.jpg

Cheers!
    Brad Wright

RBW Member divertec is an unknown quantity at this point divertec's Avatar
    insiration vision

hi all if any one is thinking of a trip to galapagoes then jorge is the man to do it with very enjoyable trip well organized and when things go wrong jorge was there to pick up the bits lol very helpfull with sight seeing trips around the main event also some day i will be back and it will be with tip top divers

RBW Member SteveKL is an unknown quantity at this point SteveKL's Avatar

A couple of years in advance of my 50th birthday, I started shopping around for a Trip of a Lifetime rebreather expedition as a gift to myself. I landed on the 2015 Galapagos trip co-organized by Jorge Mahauad and Andy Phillips, and spent the next 20 months preparing and looking forward to it. I was not disappointed! The trip was amazing, the diving was fabulous, and the entire experience was everything I had hoped it would be.

I was one of the few (only?) divers who did not bring an u/w camera, since I decided ahead of time that I wanted to be able to fully experience every dive--and every wildlife encounter--without the distraction of transporting, tinkering with, and handling photography equipment. Although many divers subscribe to the "Pictures or I didn't see it" philosophy of diving, I don't regret my decision and treasured having as long as 4 hours per day underwater to enjoy the colorful and abundant marine life of the Galapagos islands.

The logistical challenge of getting to Galapagos was a little daunting, but Jennifer Cumming, the liveaboard's English-speaking local fixer, did a fantastic job of helping with flight and hotel arrangements and was always quick with answers to my many emailed questions. By asking around in advance, I was able to get in touch with two people who were on the 2013 trip, and they both helped immensely by relating their experience and giving me packing and travel tips, answering questions I hadn't even thought to ask.(Thanks, guys!)

I arrived several days early and joined Jorge and a few other divers for three days of local diving to sort out my gear and skills before embarking on the liveaboard. I'm glad I did, since it gave me time to shake off 4 hours of jet lag and 40 degrees F of temperature difference, acclimating to local conditions (in and out of the water) before the "real" trip got underway.

I experienced a few minor hiccups relating to the timing of my international flights, in part because the pre-trip local diving details were not finalized until after I'd already purchased my tickets, requiring me to pay a change fee to accommodate the revised schedule. I missed the opportunity to spend an extra day or two exploring Quito (an experience others on my trip really enjoyed) or relaxing in Puerto Ayora an extra day after the trip, both of which I would have enjoyed had I been aware of these options. My advice to first-timers contemplating a Galapagos rebreather trip would be to reach out to as many "veterans" as you can find, collecting travel tips that you can fold into your own reading and planning to help ensure the best possible travel adventure to this remote and beautiful location!

Jorge and his associates did a great job of preparing for an "invasion" of 15 rebreather divers from all over the world descending on his dive center, each needing answers to questions and bits and pieces of kit. Jorge's experience catering to rebreather expeditions and hosting technical divers in one of the most remote diving locations on earth was apparent, and he graciously welcomed everyone and worked hard to make sure we all had a memorable experience.

The dive guides and boat crew aboard the liveaboard were top-notch, and without exception the dives were fantastic! For anyone who has dreamed of experiencing rebreather diving in the Galapagos islands, I recommend Jorge's and Andy's 2017 liveaboard expedition. If anyone has questions that I might be able to answer, based on my experience, please feel free to PM me.

Steve Lloyd
    Anchorage, Alaska USA

RBW Member Nuttys Dive Centre is an unknown quantity at this point Nuttys Dive Centre's Avatar
    AP Inspiration Vision

[QUOTE=jorgeantoniomw;472974]After an amazing week of rebreather diving in the Galapagos Islands, 16 divers, 220 kilos of Sofnolime used, 25,000+ liters of Oxygen pumped and almost 400 man hours of safe rebreather diving, our 2015 Galapagos Rebreathers expedition ended last September.

A ton of photos, videos and comments flooded social media of all the divers, we've asked them to post them here as well.

Enjoy!

[If anyone is thinking of going out to Galapagos. Jorje is your man. A great team looking after you and your safety and every need. But most of all they know the best sites for the stunning photography. A great trip on a rebreather, definately going back for more. Cheers Tip Top. ]

RBW Member Nuttys Dive Centre is an unknown quantity at this point Nuttys Dive Centre's Avatar
    AP Inspiration Vision

[QUOTE=Nuttys Dive Centre;473675]
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgeantoniomw  View Original Post
    After an amazing week of rebreather diving in the Galapagos Islands, 16 divers, 220 kilos of Sofnolime used, 25,000+ liters of Oxygen pumped and almost 400 man hours of safe rebreather diving, our 2015 Galapagos Rebreathers expedition ended last September.

Enjoy!

[If anyone is thinking of going out to Galapagos. Jorje is your man. A great team looking after you and your safety and every need. But most of all they know the best sites for the stunning photography. A great trip on a rebreather, definately going back for more. Cheers Tip Top. ]

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Wow! All nice looking pictures.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member tbenoche73 is an unknown quantity at this point tbenoche73's Avatar
    Revo III mini

Unbelievable Trip,
    Jorge and Andy did a great job hosting. Would highly recommend.
    Good food, Great people and spectacular diving.
    Hope you enjoy the photo's

Travis Benoche

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast