+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Halo 3 D?

RBW Member ntokyo is an unknown quantity at this point ntokyo's Avatar
    Copis Hammer Mini

rEvo II mCCR

Re: Halo 3 D?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbry  View Original Post
    I have one I'm going to sell if you're interested. It was just way more than I needed.

I had to add some weight, it definitely keeps it from crushing all the way down.
    Very warm. Because of the concept of have semi-rigid plates on the thorax, it is difficult to expel all the air at shallow depth (much better with a weezle). It is designed for heavy configuration that keep you warm at deco stop. This is the purpose.
    Make sure to have enough space under your dry-suit. I had problems since my dry-suit was not large enough. I noticed air purging process was surely slower, lack of space under my dry but also the material itself. Air does not seem to move though the material easily, it takes more time to purge all air.
    Regarding comfort, if not enough air in the dry-suit, you lose mobility and flexibility. Plates are quite rigid once air is not sufficient. That is why people are adding weight with a Halo. Halo is excellent for heavy configuration and long deco-stop. Surely designed for it.

Despite the fact I am a fan of Halo 3D, I switched to weezzle : better comfort, less weight needed and accomodate all configurations (single tank to double cylinder).

I have a XL Halo 3D for sale if interested. Good shape.

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Thank you very much for an honest opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member dunny is an unknown quantity at this point dunny's Avatar
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw  View Original Post
    Phil you mean added more weight than before? Otter 200 Vs Halo 3d = more lead?????

Yes about 1kg extra

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Is this the under suit that has thick padding panels?
    Chett. L

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Well, one my is fine for me. Thank you all guys

RBW Member dunny is an unknown quantity at this point dunny's Avatar
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Is this the under suit that has thick padding panels?
    Yes

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Have it. Like it. Nice and warm - but not quite the panacea advertising would suggest.

RBW Member aaen will become famous soon enough aaen will become famous soon enough aaen will become famous soon enough aaen will become famous soon enough aaen's Avatar
    Copis MEG

rEvo

Could not agree more with the above. Having owned both the arctics and the halo, I honestly cannot tell the difference in warmth btw them.

That being said I prefer the halo for the one-piece build, which apparently is now happening with the arctics?

Weight for me stayed the same btw the two, never noticed an increase/decrease.

I do like the chest plate though. I don't find it keeps me warmer, I find it just allows me to vacuum seal the suit to me and not get the suit squeeze, that comes with other undergarments when I do this.

Just my thoughts on it.

Regards

Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2