+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ccr curious

ccr curious

Hey guys,

currently OC diver, no short term plans to move to a CCR, but just curious about all this jazz.

Cheers
    Spox.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Re: ccr curious

Quote Originally Posted by spox  View Original Post
    Hey guys,

currently OC diver, no short term plans to move to a CCR, but just curious about all this jazz.

Cheers
    Spox.

I was there a fe wyears ago......then....you start thinking about it.....then......you cant stop thinking about it....then......... you'll be on an hour long hang on OC and the bubbles going past your ears will start to sound like they are being blasted through a concert speaker system.............The following week youl realize that you are spending 4 hours per week mixing gasses to get ready for that weekends trip......the rest, you'll figure out!

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Quote Originally Posted by spox  View Original Post
    Hey guys,

Cheers
    Spox.
    Soon... you will get enticed with the force here.

RBW Member NORTHEAST is an unknown quantity at this point NORTHEAST's Avatar
    MEG 2.7

Hey listen. Just a month ago I was on the fence about staying oc or going ccr. There were a couple of thoughts that went through my mind. I can justify staying in oc because j don't dive as much as u would like to. Second reason is oc is very simple. Trouble is usually a boom and hiss. But to be honest that's about all I can come up with to stay on oc. Then I thought about ccr. My biggest thing is the time clock. On a deep oc wreck it's all about timing. Not saying ccr is not as you should always dive your plan but let's say you get in trouble. Let's say you did a deeper penetration then you intended and now you have to really think to backtrack granted you should have run a reel. On oc your looking at this psi gauge and it's going down steadily, your now nearing the time where you should be at the anchor line, lets even say your 5 mins over your bottom time, your getting fusterated and now you start to mess up on things because your not thinking clear. Now your getting your self more lost and the frustration quickly turns to panic. Now you watch your psi drop at an alarming rate. It's a domino affect. Now in closed circuit in my opinion you have a lot more time to think things out granted all is working fine. Forst about the psi. Just keep monitoring your po2 instead of getting fusterated and making stupid decisions you could think things through without the burden of sucking the last amount of air down.
    Now let's look at the decreased deco time. Your maintaining a fixed set point for the whole dive. With that being said your deco will be minimal compared to oc in most cases. Then let's look at no bubbles. I don't have to explain further. But keep in mind there are many things that can kill you in a ccr that can't on oc. Anyway in about two days of thinking I said screw it and bought a Meg!

+ Reply to Thread