+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Front loop tester for an Inspo

RBW Member camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone's Avatar

Re: Front loop tester for an Inspo

Sweet. I'm going to print one this week when my new 3D printer shows up. I've wanted one for a while and this is the perfect calibration/test piece. I'll probably acetone vapor cure mine to smooth it, and skip boring it on the lathe...doesn't have to be perfect :)

Thanks for sharing!

RBW Member mick4707 is an unknown quantity at this point mick4707's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Why stop at 4 axis?

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by camerone  View Original Post
    Sweet. I'm going to print one this week when my new 3D printer shows up. I've wanted one for a while and this is the perfect calibration/test piece. I'll probably acetone vapor cure mine to smooth it, and skip boring it on the lathe...doesn't have to be perfect :)

Thanks for sharing!
    Unfortunately, you'll probably find it NEEDS machining or it won't fit over the hose-end cores.

Quote Originally Posted by mick4707  View Original Post
    Why stop at 4 axis?
    Funny you should mention that. For now, it was because the little unit I just bought only came with 4. Having discovered how god-awful their fourth axis is, now looking at saving up for a decent trunnion table and five glorious axes of confusion and potential for tool crashing. :D

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Clever! Thanks for sharing your work.

RBW Member camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone has a spectacular aura about camerone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    Unfortunately, you'll probably find it NEEDS machining or it won't fit over the hose-end cores.
    No worries...that's what lathes are for, and in the grand scheme, this is about as fundamental a technique as there is. I just hate the melt of ABS on the lathe...gotta run it and feed it super slow so it doesn't clog up with the remelted swarf.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by camerone  View Original Post
    No worries...that's what lathes are for, and in the grand scheme, this is about as fundamental a technique as there is. I just hate the melt of ABS on the lathe...gotta run it and feed it super slow so it doesn't clog up with the remelted swarf.
    I went fast - 1800RPM - and a single very light pass (0.25mm or less) with the boring bar then went in with 120, 240, 400 and 800 grit papers to clean it up.

Turns out the acetone wash removes a lot of sins anyway.

Pulled it off the printer this morning after about a two and a half hour run last night...still have to clean it up on the lathe and vapor treat it. Should be a very quick finish when I get a few minutes. Thanks for putting it together!Part.JPG

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Guys ... come on, 3D printers - just toys and an excuse to buy them.

Go to your local plumbing shop and buy pipe bungs - $6 each

Hose Bungs.jpg

Just stick in the open hose end and tighten the wing nut until it seals the hose - simples !

regards Baz

AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Started with something like that Baz but it has a problem.

As I discovered to my dismay, if you're being enthusiastic with the pressure it puts enough differential load (from one side to the other) on the mushrooms to trash them in short order.

When the loop is connected with something like my tool the pressure is distributed evenly. Positive pressure goes around, releasing the DSV allows the pressure on the exhale side to release through the inhale mushroom.

Don't be jealous mate :) I'm sure I could send one over to you...

AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

@camerone, that looks great!

Such a buzz to see something I've put together popping up on the other side of the planet :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast