+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Long Deco's - How do you pass the time?

Bill Reals breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

KISS Classic

Re: Long Deco's - How do you pass the time?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianSmith  View Original Post
    I have one of these that I've used on dives, I'm on my second one. I've had one flood when I left it clipped off on the deco station @30ft/10m. The audio is crap and the controls suck but it works.

On blue water hangs with nothing to look at but the anchor line and your gauges, it can get boring and this helps. I put audio-books on it to occupy my time. But that's really for deco more than 2 hours; it's extra gear to carry and shorter dives, I don't bother.

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    OK, I pod shuffles are out. We tried 4 of them (2 were replaced by the company) and they will flood at 20 feet (so forget about 200 ft).

Anybody have any other suggestions? We are too bloody bored on the long deco and reading an actual book is less than optimal for us, too.

Thanks!
    The AudioFlood ones? They have worked great for me, aside from the hassle of putting the ear plugs in while wearing a hood. And the cats chewed through the ear plug wire extension. Wish they had external phones with amp like the H2O Audio ones had.
    Have taken it to 200' and no worries. Ordered a second one as I thought I lost the first one...of course within a day of getting the second one I find the first one.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by barney  View Original Post
    The AudioFlood ones? They have worked great for me, aside from the hassle of putting the ear plugs in while wearing a hood. And the cats chewed through the ear plug wire extension. Wish they had external phones with amp like the H2O Audio ones had.
    Have taken it to 200' and no worries. Ordered a second one as I thought I lost the first one...of course within a day of getting the second one I find the first one.
    Yeah Barney, the first ones (2) worked at the surface and when we wanted to use them at deco, they did not. They never worked since then. So we contacted the company and they sent us two new replacements...same thing - on both!

We are very disappointed and Peter can't stand listening to himself for 6 hours :) As a blond, I don't have much going on in my head anyway, so it's not too bad for me.......

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Yeah Barney, the first ones (2) worked at the surface and when we wanted to use them at deco, they did not. They never worked since then. So we contacted the company and they sent us two new replacements...same thing - on both!

We are very disappointed and Peter can't stand listening to himself for 6 hours :) As a blond, I don't have much going on in my head anyway, so it's not too bad for me.......
    Well your empty blonde head can now listen to music. Peter has your new mp3 player. Make sure he does not try to keep it for himself.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Well your empty blonde head can now listen to music. Peter has your new mp3 player. Make sure he does not try to keep it for himself.
    That's direct from one empty-headed blonde to another.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

That's direct from one empty-headed blonde to another.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    LOL!!!! You guys are too funny.

Thank you very much Don!!!!!!

MarkF CaddyDoc is an unknown quantity at this point CaddyDoc's Avatar
    rEvoIII micro

Cool Re: Long Deco's - How do you pass the time?

Quote Originally Posted by barney  View Original Post
    We usually pass the time by tormenting each other
    Attached Images

No thanks! Not over 6 or more hours. Things might get out of hand!!
    Besides, as soon to be wife and husband, I leave the tormenting for many years down the road!!! Many, many years.....:):)

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    Come to Western Australia and hang in low vis mid-ocean infested with white sharks. No boredom then, too busy praying.
    LOL!!!!!!! Soooo funny

Where i dive in southern France i am praying too, but it's rather for a chance to see something during the deco stop...

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    Come to Western Australia and hang in low vis mid-ocean infested with white sharks. No boredom then, too busy praying.
    LOL!!!!!!! Soooo funny

Where i dive in southern France i am praying too, but it's rather for a chance to see something during the deco stop...

Instead of deco bars maybe you guys should use deco cages