+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Long Deco's - How do you pass the time?

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Re: Long Deco's - How do you pass the time?

masturbation...but i was diving with a big c-nt lol

RBW Member Franck13 is an unknown quantity at this point Franck13's Avatar
    Vision Inspiration all options

kiss poseidon lard ....

Wink Re: Long Deco's - How do you pass the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    masturbation...but i was diving with a big c-nt lol

I read comic strip books and after if there aren't fishes for play i watch boats passing .

franck

RBW Member mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josepherely  View Original Post
    Love the habitat, can you tell us a bit more about how constructed, deployment, filling with gas and experiments you had to make it work. Love it

Joe
    Hi Joe.

It is constructed from steal pipes and fittings (to make a cube) with a custom-made pool-liner held in place with wirehooks. Everything is assembled near the dive site, and can easily be dismantled into small parts again.

The benches are able to flip up, so you can easily enter the habitat with rebreathers on.

When we arrive to the habitat it is full of water. Air from one or two 15 liters bottles is released into the habitat, and when half empty, divers enter (makes it easy to get in) and the rest of the water is pressed out with more air once divers are seated.

We did not do any experiments, but did a lot of calculations and thinking before construction (mainly to be sure that 4 divers would fit, and make it easy to enter and exit).

We have a better video here, that shows more details:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9ReD6TT04

Best regards
    Morten

I "chimp" rough edit my photos…..

Quote Originally Posted by mortenkjerulff  View Original Post
    Hi Joe.

It is constructed from steal pipes and fittings (to make a cube) with a custom-made pool-liner held in place with wirehooks. Everything is assembled near the dive site, and can easily be dismantled into small parts again.

The benches are able to flip up, so you can easily enter the habitat with rebreathers on.

When we arrive to the habitat it is full of water. Air from one or two 15 liters bottles is released into the habitat, and when half empty, divers enter (makes it easy to get in) and the rest of the water is pressed out with more air once divers are seated.

We did not do any experiments, but did a lot of calculations and thinking before construction (mainly to be sure that 4 divers would fit, and make it easy to enter and exit).

We have a better video here, that shows more details:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9ReD6TT04

Best regards
    Morten
    how do you anchor it?

and what prevents it from flipping / sinking in waves or current?

RBW Member mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maayanh  View Original Post
    how do you anchor it?

and what prevents it from flipping / sinking in waves or current?
    It is anchored to a steel bolt left in the seabed, from when a lighthouse was constructed (you can see some of the legs of the lighthouse in the video).

The bouyancy of 2.5 tones keeps it from sinking or flipping. There are also a couple of liftbags on top, to keep it floating when the air is emptied.

RBW Member Hornet85 is an unknown quantity at this point Hornet85's Avatar
    Dräger Dolphin

Dräger MK25, Viper S10.

music og books in to the OTS coms, works fine, or a real book works to. Once i feel asleap and my mate hade to wake me op :P

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

OK, I pod shuffles are out. We tried 4 of them (2 were replaced by the company) and they will flood at 20 feet (so forget about 200 ft).

Anybody have any other suggestions? We are too bloody bored on the long deco and reading an actual book is less than optimal for us, too.

Thanks!

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Come to Western Australia and hang in low vis mid-ocean infested with white sharks. No boredom then, too busy praying.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

LOL, I bet!

No sharks or other fish in the caves we are diving though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast