Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Call for interest: rebreather-only liveaboard in Red Sea, fall 2016

RBW Member montium is an unknown quantity at this point montium's Avatar
    rEvo III ,Meg

Re: Call for interest: rebreather-only liveaboard in Red Sea, fall 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    Yes like France.... oh hang on, no

England..... errrrrr no

America.....F##K NO I am most likley to be murdered by a pissed off teanager with hormone issues and a Mac 10

I am off to Turkey again soon, looking forward to it

I had a great time in Egypt on my last trip but sadly we were the ONLY people in the hotell

Nice to dive the sites where normaly its diver soop and theres no one there

ATB

Mark
    I was there in Feb 2014 and it was sad to see so few people there. Dahab was a ghost town. I was around most of the tourist places and didn't have any issues other than being hounded for business as there are so few tourists.

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

I maybe interested , but will have to thinking about it closer to the time. I was in Dahab in May, yes, very quiet. I have been there a few times and no trouble at all.

RBW Member MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb's Avatar
    KISS

Might be able to get a deal with the down turn in tourism. I can remember for months after the Bali bombing and the down turn in tourism, you could a 4 star resort room for $1

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    Yes like France.... oh hang on, no

England..... errrrrr no

America.....F##K NO I am most likley to be murdered by a pissed off teanager with hormone issues and a Mac 10

I am off to Turkey again soon, looking forward to it

I had a great time in Egypt on my last trip but sadly we were the ONLY people in the hotell

Nice to dive the sites where normaly its diver soop and theres no one there

ATB

Mark

Mark, you know I love you, but the vast majority of Americans are not ideologically sympathetic to the few crazy people who perpetrate mass shootings in the USA. You cannot say the same about a country with a political party that murdered Anwar Sadat for signing a peace treaty with Israel, and later elected that very same party to run the country in 2011.

You won't catch me dead in Egypt with my very western red hair, which is sad, but no amount of wishful thinking can correct the effects of decades of state sanctioned racism and blood libel perpetrated on the Egyptian people by their morally bankrupt governments. And by the way, I have spent plenty of time around Indonesian muslims in the far Eastern part of that country with no issues at all.

If I lived in the EU, I would be that much closer to Indonesia and would just suck up the few extra hours flight time and go there. Besides, according to my sources, the best Red Sea diving is in Sudanese waters. And I hope none of you lot are foolish enough to go there... -Andy

RBW Member Sebby is an unknown quantity at this point Sebby's Avatar
    Revo

Ray, Poseidon Mk6

Hello everyone,

Thank you for this second round of answer to my call.

As a conclusion for this round: I think we will not have enough people to fill a full boat of 24 rebreather divers (far from it)

So I will probably change the options a bit and look either for a shore dive destination or for a standard trip mixing OC and CC divers.
    I will also look at your suggestions of dive operators proposing such CCR-only trips already.

I will keep you posted on a different thread in case you want to buddy up.

Cheers
    Sebastien

RBW Member Franck13 is an unknown quantity at this point Franck13's Avatar
    Vision Inspiration all options

kiss poseidon lard ....

Talking Re: Call for interest: rebreather-only liveaboard in Red Sea, fall 2016

Hi

May be interessed date and how many (price?)

Franck

RBW Member X181 is an unknown quantity at this point X181's Avatar
    Pelagian

Hi

Also interested (2 divers) but its too vague for me. At least the dates should be fixed.

ATB

RBW Member gohardorgohome is an unknown quantity at this point gohardorgohome's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

AP Evolution, Inspiration

Check out Tekstreme's fall 2016 trip. 7 days in the deep south Red Sea here:

http://www.tekstremediving.com/tek-safaris.php

I've been out with Tekstreme (they go out on Emperor Divers boats) and can't recommend Tekstreme, Emperor or the Red Sea highly enough!!!

If you're looking to setup something similar on alternate dates, Kat and the crew at Tekstreme can help with sorb, gas, etc. Note that Tekstreme's tek trips on the 24 pax liveaboards are limited to 12-16 divers, as trying to cram 24 rebreather divers on the dive deck at once can be an issue.

As for questions / concerns about safety, I spent 6 weeks there in the spring. 2 different liveaboards (Emperor Superior and Emperor Elite) plus 10 days of daily boat dives. Also spent 2 weeks backpacking around the country (Pyramids, Valley of the Kings, etc.). I've never had such an awesome trip. The resort towns along the Red Sea (Sharm, Marsa Alam, etc.) are safe enough that I wouldn't have any concerns taking my kids. The large resorts (Hilton, etc.) in Hurghada were the same. Once I adjusted to the Egyptian culture (after the first week), I felt comfortable enough to walk the streets of Hurghada in the evenings with no issues and made friends everywhere. The Egyptian people are amazing, and with the downturn in the global economy and decrease in tourism, you're able to tour ancient Egypt with very few other tourists.

First pic is onboard the Emperor Elite on a 7 day liveaboard doing their "Reefs and Wrecks" tour while taking my course on the Inspiration/Evolution. :)

1.jpge2.jpg

RBW Member Mr_Pyro is an unknown quantity at this point Mr_Pyro's Avatar
    Pelagian

I'm intrested if the trip is last week of September or later.

Skickat från min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

RBW Member LeCrabe is an unknown quantity at this point LeCrabe's Avatar
    rEvo III mCCR mini titanium

Cool Re: Call for interest: rebreather-only liveaboard in Red Sea, fall 2016

For all of you guys interested in this trip, a few infos:
    -first of all, I am not egyptian but there is I imagine some egyptian divers on the forum so a little reserve (and maybe civility) could be nice. They do not express their opinion about american politics (or french for that matter).
    -I am not a representative from blue o two but I did cruise and dive with them in the past (although in OC). It is not the cheapest BUT it is truly first quality service and worse every penny.
    - For the record most of the cruise are from hurghada or port grahib so from the south. So you are avoiding the sinai where there could be safety issues at the moment.
    As for the scenery some of the cruise are in the direction of the south so if you think of the brothers, panorama reef, and so it is really nice.
    Once again I do not say the situation in egypt is perfect but Rebreather World is not the place for discussing these.
    I hope I did not make too much enemies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast