+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New CO2 Sensor Tech

RBW Member AndrewDonn is on a distinguished road AndrewDonn is on a distinguished road AndrewDonn's Avatar
    Mk15

New CO2 Sensor Tech

Read an interesting article on a potential new CO2 sensor technology.

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Ne...ensor_999.html

From Outer space to Inner space.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: New CO2 Sensor Tech

Sounds good, thanks for sharing !

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member txdiver is an unknown quantity at this point txdiver's Avatar
    DIR Meg

Very interesting and promising

Supporting Member darushin is an unknown quantity at this point darushin's Avatar
    Prisim 2 & Kiss Spirit LTE

GEM, Explorer

The real question is his fast the reaction happens so you can be alerted. The biggest problem today with CO2 sensors is that by the time they warn you of a problem you are in position that warning is usually too late

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

New Member DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge's Avatar
    Hammered Inspiration

GEM, DC55, AKA60

Now if they could just do that for Oxygen
    Later,
    John

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Quote Originally Posted by darushin  View Original Post
    The real question is his fast the reaction happens so you can be alerted. The biggest problem today with CO2 sensors is that by the time they warn you of a problem you are in position that warning is usually too late

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Hm, based on what do you think so?
    CO2 sensors are fast enough for detection of levels of CO2 in CCR to alert soon enough for diver to take action and avoid CO2 hit.

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Hi Andrew-

Excellent article. Thanks for pointing this out. Great potential here.

While this is strictly at the embryonic stage, the key is that the "something" which this new transducer element measures to calculate CO2 is a DIFFERENT something than any other sensor to date.

'Minor' details like sensitivity to moisture, durability, and actual total power use of a sensing system that turns that "something" into a number on a display- or an alarm- will make or break its future.

Ken

Supporting Member darushin is an unknown quantity at this point darushin's Avatar
    Prisim 2 & Kiss Spirit LTE

GEM, Explorer

I base it on real life experience. The CO2 sensor on the explorer (same as sentinel) on a breakthrough would register one reading below threshold and the next reading would be already be well beyond bailout and into the impairing range. I think it jump from 1-2mbar to 15-20.

The problem is a breakthrough occurs quick and when it does CO2 elevates a rate that few seconds between samples could be too late.

Daru
    Last edited by darushin; 24th June 2015 at 00:40.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Quote Originally Posted by darushin  View Original Post
    I base it on real life experience. The CO2 sensor on the explorer (same as sentinel) on a breakthrough would register one reading below threshold and the next reading would be already be well beyond bailout and into the impairing range. I think it jump from 1-2mbar to 15-20.

The problem is a breakthrough occurs quick and when it does CO2 elevates a rate that few seconds between samples could be too late.

Daru
    Hm, if I do not mistaken from breakthrought to hypercapnia is not fewe secconds, but a bit longer. And that time should sufice to bailout .... at least that was info I got from lot of users with CO2 sensors simulating breakthrought with leaving scrubber out of CCR. There was some time needed to rise the levels of CO2 high enough to provoke alert and than mild hypercapnia event (they bailout in time to prevent it)

This is first time I hear for so fast jump from no C02 to so high levels.

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Thanks for sharing the info appreciated !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast