+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Shame!! Farewell to Seven Skies

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

A Shame!! Farewell to Seven Skies

Just learnt a shocking news from a friend that Seven Skies Wreck located at the South China Sea, used to be the divers' (OC/Tech) favorite playground is now GONE!!! Due to illegal salvagers!

What is left now is only messy wreckage.

RIP.... Seven Skies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzyVJtDVyUk

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: A Shame!! Farewell to Seven Skies

That really sucks.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline  View Original Post
    Just learnt a shocking news from a friend that Seven Skies Wreck located at the South China Sea, used to be the divers' (OC/Tech) favorite playground is now GONE!!! Due to illegal salvagers!

What is left now is only messy wreckage.

RIP.... Seven Skies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzyVJtDVyUk

also very significant salvage work has been done recently on...

HMS Repulse!!!
    Dutch submarines O 16 and K XVII
    HMAS Perth
    Chosa Maru
    Ningpo maru
    Japanese light cruiser Kuma
    Japanese warship Haguro!!!!
    Kapal Taiwan
    Kapal Simen

and im sure many more....

Glory days are over fopr wreck diving in SE asia.

Im particularly gutted about the Haguro as only a handful got to dive her and she was very impressive

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    also very significant salvage work has been done recently on...

HMS Repulse!!!
    Dutch submarines O 16 and K XVII
    HMAS Perth
    Chosa Maru
    Ningpo maru
    Japanese light cruiser Kuma
    Japanese warship Haguro!!!!
    Kapal Taiwan
    Kapal Simen

and im sure many more....

Glory days are over fopr wreck diving in SE asia.

Im particularly gutted about the Haguro as only a handful got to dive her and she was very impressive

So the Dutch Submarines were affected too!! Great Shame!!

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline  View Original Post
    So the Dutch Submarines were affected too!! Great Shame!!
    I suspect there isnt many of the `local` wrecks that havent been salvaged recently.

we have only heard about the ones that have been visited by divers regularly

its a a shame that after all these years in such a short space of time so much has been lost

rEvo X MFT mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    I suspect there isnt many of the `local` wrecks that havent been salvaged recently.

we have only heard about the ones that have been visited by divers regularly

its a a shame that after all these years in such a short space of time so much has been lost

I saw the pics/video clips of ravages of Seven Skies, it is indeed like losing a long time friend! Heard the first two levels were gone (including the kitchen and laundry area), just hope those people will STOP these and leave the rest of the levels alone.

RBW Member Venomguy is an unknown quantity at this point Venomguy's Avatar

Very Sad. I Was actually on one of the dive boats that weekend. Sadly this is not the first time that the wrecks have been salvaged and with the claim of China over the South Sea surrounding these area will only compound the intensity for more wreck and reef destruction.

rEvo X MFT mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Venomguy  View Original Post
    Very Sad. I Was actually on one of the dive boats that weekend. Sadly this is not the first time that the wrecks have been salvaged and with the claim of China over the South Sea surrounding these area will only compound the intensity for more wreck and reef destruction.

Shake head...

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

On the plus side there will be less boats tempted to take open water trainees out there...

We're hoping to head back to look at the Perth soon, there was a very similar salvage barge nearby when we found the forward guns gone last year. Happening everywhere now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member Venomguy is an unknown quantity at this point Venomguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w  View Original Post
    On the plus side there will be less boats tempted to take open water trainees out there...

We're hoping to head back to look at the Perth soon, there was a very similar salvage barge nearby when we found the forward guns gone last year. Happening everywhere now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hard to see how this is a plus. There are a lot more OW divers than Rebreather divers globally and the only way to stop the destruction of reefs and dive sites will be through the help of public opinion. The more Open water divers in Asian waters the better the future will be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast