+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Budget CCR

RBW Member DivePad is an unknown quantity at this point DivePad's Avatar

Budget CCR

Hola, my name is Leonardo, I am new here and I am from Gran Canaria
    I am not diving a lot, maybe few dives per month, technical and recreation, sometimes trimix dives to wrecks. I would like to enter to CCR world, start diving with rebreather, trying to figure out differences and approaches, but I am still doing my Masters degree and can't afford myself to buy a new shining MEG or JJ for 10K euro. My budget is ~5000euro for unit+course. Do you think it is realistic to purchase something safe, reliable, with computer, and in good condition for this budget? (probably it will be 2nd hand).
    Thanks for your answers and assistance amigos.......
    Last edited by DivePad; 4th May 2015 at 18:37.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: Budget CCR

Absolutely possible with a 2nd hand unit. In fact I recommend used units for first purchase since you will have to dive CCR for a while before you know what you like. Check the classifieds here and especially on Facebook in the Buy and Sell Rebreathers group.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Absolutely possible with a 2nd hand unit. In fact I recommend used units for first purchase since you will have to dive CCR for a while before you know what you like. Check the classifieds here and especially on Facebook in the Buy and Sell Rebreathers group.

Yes, I do looking on FB and here.. Can you advice me about specific models that fit my budget? From my understand maybe it is only KISS can be purchased in ~3500euro with computer. MEG/REVO/JJ all much more expensive for even used.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

There have been several Optimas for sale recently for under $5k here in the U.S. And I believe Bruce Konefe still has a Nautilus for sale. And a White Arrow sidemount CCR was just listed in your budget. Keep checking.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

You should be able to buy TWO Inspiration classics at that budget, or you have enough to buy a unit, spares, a ccr compatible computer, training and supplies of consumables with enough left over for a couple of boat charters.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

If you don't want an inspo classic, then it's still possible. I've got my revo 2 with a shearwater cable up for sale (already sold subject to funds transfer) for £2000 (~2750 euros) which would give you plenty of budget for a computer, or a few revo 2 hCCR's have changed hands for around ~3600 euros (and they have a computer/controller attached)
    An old inspo vision/evolution would also be just at the top end of your budget.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by DivePad  View Original Post
    Hola, my name is Leonardo, I am new here and I am from Gran Canaria
    I am not diving a lot, maybe few dives per month, technical and recreation, sometimes trimix dives to wrecks. I would like to enter to CCR world, start diving with rebreather, trying to figure out differences and approaches, but I am still doing my Masters degree and can't afford myself to buy a new shining MEG or JJ for 10K euro. My budget is ~5000euro for unit+course. Do you think it is realistic to purchase something safe, reliable, with computer, and in good condition for this budget? (probably it will be 2nd hand).
    Thanks for your answers and assistance amigos.......

My friend is selling a Inspo Vision for £2500 full trimix ready (trimix decompresion computer built in to hand set) excelent condition and in perfict working order. Has an option of a forth cell holder and APD BOV as well

I doubt if its done 50 dives as its his wifes unit and she packed in a couple of years ago and hes just held on to it as a spare.

You could easy get that and be dive ready for £2500 + traiig and be well under you budget

PM me if interested

ATB

Mark

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

You might want to contact the people at Add Helium as they are also coming across some nice used CCR's.

Contact Peter, Emilie, or Tony at 239-300-0913 (US)
    info@addhelium.com

RBW Member IainC is an unknown quantity at this point IainC's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

If you are on a budget - 2nd hand classic or ap vision are hard to beat and will take you whereever you want to go.

Guys, first thanks for sharing opinions! Second, I am little confused, it comes out from your replies that on my budget I can get 2nd hand ap inspiration classic/vision/maybe evolution, rEvo, or kiss. Can you please help me to make little order in my head and write about pros and cons for each one? By the way what is the differences between different models of kiss-gem, classic, sport? Can I dive to 100m using them?
    :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast