+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Haskel mini sport oxygen booster problem

RBW Member L.Babcock is an unknown quantity at this point L.Babcock's Avatar
    Poseidon MK6,Hollis Prisim 2

Haskel mini sport oxygen booster problem

Hey Guys, I recently purchased a mini sport oxygen booster, after filling one cylinder it quit pumping pressure on the output side. The Booster is cycling but not building pressure.
    I sent it back to the distributor where i purchased it from.they said that they replaced some teflon seats and sent it back.I received it yesterday and it still isn't building up pressure. Has anyone seen this before? My supply oxygen pressure is 1500 psi, I am using a compressor for my drive gas at 125 psi.

Thanks
    Larry

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

Re: Haskel mini sport oxygen booster problem

Interesting, I just had the same thing happen with my AG-30. Filled one O2 bottle, hooked up the second and nothing. The booster seemed to be cycling but pressure on target bottle remained the same.
    I checked all connection, made sure everything was opened but nothing.

Al

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Interesting. We haven't had any problem with ours yet (have been using it for about 1 year now). I wonder if the blow-off gas port above the O2 side is open too much and not allowing the drive gas to build up pressure in the chamber, just a thought. Is the piston compressing back and forth?

You may want to call Haskel directly and chat with someone there.

Haskel International, Inc.
    100 East Graham Place
    Burbank, CA 91502 USA
    Tel: 818-843-4000
    Fax: 818-556-2549 or 818-841-4291
    Email: sales@haskel.com
    www.haskel.com

RBW Member toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hybrid

Vision Inspo,Evo+, classic

Quote Originally Posted by L.Babcguy ock  View Original Post
    Hey Guys, I recently purchased a mini sport oxygen booster, after filling one cylinder it quit pumping pressure on the output side. The Booster is cycling but not building pressure.
    I sent it back to the distributor where i purchased it from.they said that they replaced some teflon seats and sent it back.I received it yesterday and it still isn't building up pressure. Has anyone seen this before? My supply oxygen pressure is 1500 psi, I am using a compressor for my drive gas at 125 psi.

Thanks
    Larry
    Try using a dive cylinder as drive gas and set ip to 140 or 10 bar.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Possibly a check valve problem. I have had 2 different boosters that both had real crappy internal check valves. I added a separate external check valve and it fixed the problem.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

I just did as kwinter suggested. Put a check valve on the outlet side and the booster is now pumping again.

Thanks, Al

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Possibly a check valve problem. I have had 2 different boosters that both had real crappy internal check valves. I added a separate external check valve and it fixed the problem.

RBW Member L.Babcock is an unknown quantity at this point L.Babcock's Avatar
    Poseidon MK6,Hollis Prisim 2

Thanks Kwinter. That solved my problem also

Let's go diving! mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement's Avatar
    Megalodon

"kwinter

Possibly a check valve problem. I have had 2 different boosters that both had real crappy internal check valves. I added a separate external check valve and it fixed the problem."

I agree. My Haskel mini had the same problem when it was brand new and after two trips back to Haskel the check valve was replaced at the outlet port and the problem was solved. But what a pain in the butt getting it done.

RBW Member recon is an unknown quantity at this point recon's Avatar
    rEvo III RMS

Hey guys had my msb 9000 for 2 days same issue. Its been back as Haskel now for a month and they claimed the seat was defective. Supposedly was shipped back to me but its been over a week and I cant to get a hold of someone to tell me where my booster is. Left messages and emailed Tom Comforti. Overall pretty crappy experience with this product and their customer service.

I am hoping they fixed but but just in cases where did you guys source your check valves?

RBW Member Eunjae is an unknown quantity at this point Eunjae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by recon  View Original Post
    Hey guys had my msb 9000 for 2 days same issue. Its been back as Haskel now for a month and they claimed the seat was defective. Supposedly was shipped back to me but its been over a week and I cant to get a hold of someone to tell me where my booster is. Left messages and emailed Tom Comforti. Overall pretty crappy experience with this product and their customer service.

I am hoping they fixed but but just in cases where did you guys source your check valves?
    I have a different booster but had a same problem and solved by adding check valves on each end of whip.

SWAGELOK SS-4C2-1

Got mine from ebay for $20.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast