+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bent Prop Project

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Bent Prop Project

Was watching an excellent piece on 60 Minutes the other night on the "Bent Prop Project" (www.bentprop.org). Anyone interested in WWII wrecks should check it out - sounds like an amazing organization.

It reminded me of a film I made in 1995, which some of you may have seen, where we took Marine Pilot Jim Dougherty back to his Douglass Dauntless Dive Bomber (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjbmSuYiq7M) - I'm glad that we had the opportunity to actually dive with a hero like Jim before he passed away.

With the capabilities and resources of our community of Rebreather Divers, I think it would be great if somehow we could help BentProp in their mission to locate and repatriate the remains of the brave men who fought and died for our country.

Just a thought.

If you haven't seen the 60 Minutes story, you should check it out - it's great.

Kevin.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: Bent Prop Project

Very cool!

4N6 Diver wbelcher is an unknown quantity at this point wbelcher's Avatar
    Optima Fx, Hammerhead Rev. C

Re: Bent Prop Project

These guys are the real deal in searching for and documenting potential Sites of missing US service members from WWII, mostly in the Republic of Palau. They work closely with the local Palau Historic Preservation Office. Results are turned over to the Department of Defense's Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command to review and plan for excavation, if deemed appropriate.

At the depths of some of the aircraft, the use of rebreathers allow the divers to stay down longer to more easily document and map the aircraft.

http://www.bentprop.org

Here's another promotional video done by GoPro:

http://youtu.be/9wB6i7i7fKU
    Attached Images
    Last edited by wbelcher; 28th December 2014 at 02:32.

RBW Member markdol2 is an unknown quantity at this point markdol2's Avatar
    hammerhead extreeme

Lightbulb Re: Bent Prop Project

Kevin ;i just finnished watching this show . If you did nothing else in life it is something to be exceptionally proud of! It is rare for a veteran to return and touch there own history from WWII . Congrats