+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Worth it?

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Worth it?

I presently use a weasel extreme plus with a santi heated vest and gloves. I'm good for about 2 hrs of scootering in 4C water before I'm numb and can do 2+ exposures when swimming with out discomfort. My weasels are getting old and I have been considering going with the full Santi heated suit. I've never used thinsulate undergarments as well so I'm not sure what to expect warmth and buoyancy wise compared to weasels.

How does the full suit compare to the vest for warmth? It's double the wattage but I'm curious as to real world experiences? Am I going to see an appreciable increase in duration and warmth?

The santi suit is $$$$ so I'm trying to figure if it's worth the money or just go with the regular BZ 400 and my present vest.

Opinions appreciated.

Cam

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

Re: Worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by cameron  View Original Post
    I presently use a weasel extreme plus with a santi heated vest and gloves. I'm good for about 2 hrs of scootering in 4C water before I'm numb and can do 2+ exposures when swimming with out discomfort. My weasels are getting old and I have been considering going with the full Santi heated suit. I've never used thinsulate undergarments as well so I'm not sure what to expect warmth and buoyancy wise compared to weasels.

How does the full suit compare to the vest for warmth? It's double the wattage but I'm curious as to real world experiences? Am I going to see an appreciable increase in duration and warmth?

The santi suit is $$$$ so I'm trying to figure if it's worth the money or just go with the regular BZ 400 and my present vest.

Opinions appreciated.

Cam
    I am a Weasel plus guy myself, dive in slightly warmer water, never dove the Santi, but predict that you will be disappointed.

I have been out with others with the Santi system. Stiff, power hungry, and with little residue warmth.

Best of luck,

Peter

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Worth it?

Also have a Weasel+ and the only (noticeable but not drastic) improvement is with argon which I started last month with water temps on bottom about 38*F. Price keeps me from purchasing an electric system but always watching...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread