+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shearwater predator

JulesDive JulesElliott is an unknown quantity at this point JulesElliott's Avatar
    Megalodon

Shearwater predator

John,
    I purchased a shearwater predator a couple of years ago.
    Been doing lots of nice dives with it.
    Using with a Megalodon rebreather.
    Quick question : what depth is it rated to ?
    Some of my other kit is rated to either 100 (video lights) or 130m (camera housing)
    So I was wondering if I will encounter the operating depth of the predator (not that I am likely to go below 130m) ?
    Thanks and regards, Jules.

RBW Member sailor is on a distinguished road sailor is on a distinguished road sailor's Avatar
    TR300c hCCR, Ray mCCR

Dolphin, Inspiration Vision

Re: Shearwater predator

The Predator has the same casing as the Pursuit.

Have a look at this Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSQhkIQ5QXI

Andy Pitkin apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin's Avatar
    Prism 1

various

According to Bruce it should be fine at 200m or more. I have taken mine to 136m and I suspect many here have dived them deeper.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Someone doing a publicity stunt dive took an unmodified Predator controller to an indicated 290m, so you should be fine!

RBW Member quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Simon A  View Original Post
    Someone doing a publicity stunt dive took an unmodified Predator controller to an indicated 290m, so you should be fine!
    Out of sheer curiosity anyone happen to have tested the Petrel in a similar fashion?

RBW Member Bosh is an unknown quantity at this point Bosh's Avatar
    Atlantis mCCR

2 gas Atlantis SCR, Homebuilt

Hi Jules

I think you will be fine

Paul Raymakers of rEvo put a Pursuit in his pressure pot : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSQhkIQ5QXI

If i remember correctly it was repaired after the dive.

Also recall somebody suggested him doing it again with a never model, but he declined to do so at his own expence.
    Which i find very reasonable

My own Predator, which you may have seen, is an updated Pursuit.

Best regards

Bo

RBW Member sailor is on a distinguished road sailor is on a distinguished road sailor's Avatar
    TR300c hCCR, Ray mCCR

Dolphin, Inspiration Vision

Nice video.
    I can't recall right now where I've seen it before ;->

RBW Member Bosh is an unknown quantity at this point Bosh's Avatar
    Atlantis mCCR

2 gas Atlantis SCR, Homebuilt

OOOps

Note to self :always read the entire tread.

Hope the entertainment was better than the information i provided

Best regards

Bo

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh  View Original Post
    Hi Jules

I think you will be fine

Paul Raymakers of rEvo put a Pursuit in his pressure pot : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSQhkIQ5QXI

If i remember correctly it was repaired after the dive.

Also recall somebody suggested him doing it again with a never model, but he declined to do so at his own expence.
    Which i find very reasonable

My own Predator, which you may have seen, is an updated Pursuit.

Best regards

Bo
    not really correct: I did the test again on a predator, works perfect up to 440 m depth, and I still use that unit as my back-up computer
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

JulesDive JulesElliott is an unknown quantity at this point JulesElliott's Avatar
    Megalodon

Thanks, guys, for all the replies.
    Very helpful.

I am definitely not likely to be going more than 150m deep.
    But its reassuring to know that the predator still has some safety margin after that ... especially given that it is hardwired into my Meg !

Cheers, Jules.