+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Inquest verdict from Jersey Channel islands UK

RBW Member Dr. Lecter is an unknown quantity at this point Dr. Lecter's Avatar
    rEvo II

Re: Inquest verdict from Jersey Channel islands UK

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    If you put both mushroom valves on the same side the gas will flow effortlessly to and from the same hose. The diver will be unaware there is a problem until they start to feel the effects of the CO2.
    Or, you know, until they do a stereo check.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter  View Original Post
    Or, you know, until they do a stereo check.
    Yes assuming any pre-dive checks were performed
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Supporting Member darushin is an unknown quantity at this point darushin's Avatar
    Prisim 2 & Kiss Spirit LTE

GEM, Explorer

Re: Re: Inquest verdict from Jersey Channel islands UK

If you put both mushroom valves on the same side the gas will flow effortlessly to and from the same hose. The diver will be unaware there is a problem until they start to feel the effects of the CO2
    With the Hollis BOV this can't happen BTW because the mushroom valves are both fixed to the BOV and are not interchangeable.
    The problem is with the dsv this can't happen. The house connectors are keyed and you can't connect it because the fittings are physically a different size.

Daru

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Prism, Prism2

Ray, Dolphin, Mk15

Yes assuming any pre-dive checks were performed
    Try it! Set up your P2 in this manner and try to run it through the Assembly checklist. Let me know where that checklist stops you. Then ignore that and run through the Operational checklist and let me know where it stops you. Then ignore that and run through the Pre-dive checklist and let me know where that stops you.

Sadly, these newer users were no strangers to the checklists, that I can confirm in no uncertain terms. Why they chose to ignore almost every aspect of their training, beggars belief.

Its like watching a horror movie and screaming at the screen not to open that door, only to have the actor fling it wide open. So very, very sad.
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Winston Churchill
    A is A

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by saveourseas  View Original Post
    Try it! Set up your P2 in this manner and try to run it through the Assembly checklist. Let me know where that checklist stops you. Then ignore that and run through the Operational checklist and let me know where it stops you. Then ignore that and run through the Pre-dive checklist and let me know where that stops you.

Sadly, these newer users were no strangers to the checklists, that I can confirm in no uncertain terms. Why they chose to ignore almost every aspect of their training, beggars belief.

Its like watching a horror movie and screaming at the screen not to open that door, only to have the actor fling it wide open. So very, very sad.
    I know that's my point you can't just overlook a checklist item and kill yourself you would have to assemble the unit as wrongly as possible then not do any integrity or predive checks before you could kill yourself. Sadly someone managed to do it and now we have to see what we can do to prevent it from happening again.
    The problem with automation is they could probably invent a plane a monkey could pilot but I'd rather not fly with him.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Prism, Prism2

Ray, Dolphin, Mk15

I know that's my point
    yea, my post was rhetorical :)

The problem with automation is they could probably invent a plane a monkey could pilot but I'd rather not fly with him.
    So that would be a "No" on taking a trip in my new Honda Jet then....
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Winston Churchill
    A is A

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

yes they do

Having said that running the CLs on the wrong side would be an inconvenience when you went to add dil but not a fatal mistake. Not having directional flow through the DSV is.
    Thanks Dave, I think there are different flow rates on the dil and O2 fittings, too, right? There are on the P1... -Andy

RBW Member Dr. Lecter is an unknown quantity at this point Dr. Lecter's Avatar
    rEvo II

Quote Originally Posted by darushin  View Original Post
    The problem is with the dsv this can't happen. The house connectors are keyed and you can't connect it because the fittings are physically a different size.

Daru

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    As shown in the post I linked to above, that is incorrect. You can assemble the P2 DSV/lower loop hose in this manner, but doing so results in it looking weird, with a bunch of threads showing on one side, and it will fail +/- checks (either very slowly or very quickly, depending on what version you have re: keyways, apparently) and obviously the stereo check is right out.

Mk15.5, Prism, Prism2

Ray, Dolphin, Mk15

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Thanks Dave, I think there are different flow rates on the dil and O2 fittings, too, right? There are on the P1... -Andy
    Yes. The O2 manual add valve has a .0020 orifice in the 1st stage and the solenoid has a .0020 in the first stage and a .0025 in the solenoid.
    A is A

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by saveourseas  View Original Post
    Yes. The O2 manual add valve has a .0020 orifice in the 1st stage and the solenoid has a .0020 in the first stage and a .0025 in the solenoid.

Thought so, thanks Matthew... -Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast