+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Inquest verdict from Jersey Channel islands UK

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Re: Inquest verdict from Jersey Channel islands UK

From the avid discussion on another forum, it could not have been an explorer. Sounds like this person mounted everything backwards. I don't know how she could have gotten this accomplished. If it is true.....

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    From the avid discussion on another forum, it could not have been an explorer. Sounds like this person mounted everything backwards. I don't know how she could have gotten this accomplished. If it is true.....

looks to me that once she mounted the lungs on the worng sides, the rest was just dot to dot , seems some parts are keyed and other parts not ,

i think ,

Dan-O Omisson is an unknown quantity at this point Omisson's Avatar

Inquest verdict from Jersey Channel islands UK

It was a prism 2- the O2 sensors were expired, the counter lungs and hoses were misrouted... In sum the diver screwed up royally in every conceivable way. But apparently Giann has a new name iain-hsm

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

I don't get that guy! Here leaves no responsibility on the diver and blames everything on the manufacturer or CCR in general. He claims he is a CCR diver himself, but I wonder how he can justify being one when he spews nothing but animosity.

I have been waiting for the mentioning of the Apoc, but so far nothing even with Brad Horn participating in that post. That in-it-of-itself is suspicious! I think their goal is to taint the recreational market to CCR since they can't get their unit to go into any worthwhile production, or set everybody up once they do.

RBW Member iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omisson  View Original Post
    It was a prism 2- But apparently Giann has a new name iain-hsm
    Not till I'm done with it and I'm not done with it yet. Iain

RBW Member iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    I don't get that guy! Here leaves no responsibility on the diver and blames everything on the manufacturer or CCR in general. He claims he is a CCR diver himself, but I wonder how he can justify being one when he spews nothing but animosity.
    Experience, Iain

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

I don't know what unit was involved but let's say it was a P2 should we not look at modifying design of the unit to ensure something like this can not happen again?
    Sure we can blame the diver and it looks like there is quite a bit of blame we can assign to the diver but does it end there?
    It should not be too difficult to design rebreather loop that can not possibly create a scubber bypass by incorrect installation.
    As long as the mushroom valves are unidirectional and can't be interchanged it won't bypass the scrubber.
    Heck the original meg could be configured to go either way but as long as you had one muchroom valve in each end of the DSV it worked.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

It was a prism 2- the O2 sensors were expired, the counter lungs and hoses were misrouted... In sum the diver screwed up royally in every conceivable way.
    Hello Omission, nice handle, I need to know more. Never mind the hose/head connection threads, I don't see how you could switch the CLs and still have the LP hoses reach the manual add/adv and O2 man add buttons, doesn't make sense, not physically possible in any way I can see... -Andy

RBW Member Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit & bits

inspo classic

to go on about personal responsibility in isolation and not review how the design contributed to this happening is just bullshit. two people made a mistake here, the diver and the designer/manufacturer. only one of them paid for their mistake with their life.

there is a world of difference between producing prototypes to be used by experienced rebreather divers who have a thorough understand of how the product works and the implications of incorrect assembly, and a production run aimed at the casual 'recreational' user with limited experience and knowledge.

making equipment that has interlocks or cannot be assembled wrong is not about removing personal responsibility. It is about good design that ensures that the manufacturer has done all they can to compensate for the inevitable moment when the holes in the cheese all line up. everybody can make mistakes if the circumstances are right. any professional engineer should plan for that moment and try to design out the possibility in order to prevent that mistake occurring in the first place or limit the severity of the outcome when that mistake occurs.

Supporting Member darushin is an unknown quantity at this point darushin's Avatar
    Prisim 2 & Kiss Spirit LTE

GEM, Explorer

It was a prism 2- the O2 sensors were expired, the counter lungs and hoses were misrouted... In sum the diver screwed up royally in every conceivable way. But apparently Giann has a new name iain-hsm
    Also the inhale and exhale valves where on the same side. That alone will kill you since it would make breathing impossible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast