+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SANTI E.Lite or E.Motion. Arguments Please!

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: SANTI E.Lite or E.Motion. Arguments Please!

Here is how I get the info:

E-Motion 260 gr/sqm 7.5 pounds
    E-Space 420 gr/sqm 8.2 pounds
    Elite 450 gr/sqm 10.14 pounds
    Enduro 600 gr/sqm 11.5 pounds

It would seem that my Enduro is the heaviest of the bunch and might be why it is holding up so damn good.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Here is how I get the info:

E-Motion 260 gr/sqm 7.5 pounds
    E-Space 420 gr/sqm 8.2 pounds
    Elite 450 gr/sqm 10.14 pounds
    Enduro 600 gr/sqm 11.5 pounds

It would seem that my Enduro is the heaviest of the bunch and might be why it is holding up so damn good.
    Got it thanks!

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Supporting Member fdarden is on a distinguished road fdarden is on a distinguished road fdarden's Avatar
    Revo Micro

SANTI E.Lite or E.Motion. Arguments Please!

Why are you trying to choose between the two? I bought an Elite and had it custom fit and even though it was pricey, I feel it is worth the money. It is a very rugged suit, bone dry, and very well made with lots of attention to detail. I can't speak for the other suit, but I know several other Santi fans that all chose the Elite. If you would like to have a look at it, I'm pretty sure you are right down the street. :)

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

I was notified Santi has try before you buy suits, so after DEMA I'm being sent a eLite.

Ill report back what I think. thanks for all the responses.

Monkey
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

Nick Cunningham-Moorat scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick's Avatar
    rEvo eXpedition

Inspiration Vision, Hammerhead

Just recently bought a e.motion

Suit took 4 months to get through order and manufacturing. On arrival it is WAY too long in the upper leg and torso, and a few specific requests were simply ignored. This was after much backwards and forwards to get them on the build list (build instructions were just scratched out by the suit assembler).

Suit is going back for a re-cut/refund and this will be the first and last Santi I own. Dealing with them has been an utter nightmare and what should have been done and dusted in 6 weeks took well over six months start to finish - incorrectly. I am looking elsewhere for a new suit.

Later
    Nick

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

No experience with either of these suits or even know the differences between them, so you way want to just ignore the rest of this.

I have been diving the Santi Enduro for several years now and it has been bullet proof. I am not gentle on my suits and scuff them up on both wrecks and caves on a regular basis. It is still going strong and I have to assume it has a few more decades of life in it.

Yes, I am a big fan of my Santi and would not hesitate to get another or to recommend one to others.
    Hi there,
    I am resurrecting this 3 years old thread because i am now considering a Santi drysuit and would like to hear if people who participated here are still happy with their Santi suits.
    Indeed, 3 years later your suits may have been through a lot and i am keen to know how they've done.
    Quoting your post Dsix in particular because the Enduro is one of the models i am interested about, along with Elite and possibly Emotion P'us.
    Basically i am after a very tough suits so that i am not too worry when being washed on rocks after shore dives.
    The Enduro seems to be the toughest but i am wondering if it's to a point where the diver is restricted in movements or trim damaged by a too stiff suit?
    What about the Elite owners, it's materials seems tough... enough?
    And what about the durability of the suits' options, e.g tbe flexsoles or orher boots. What about their smart seals systems in real life? And those plastic zips supposed to be more durable than metal zip?

Cheers
    Nicolas

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Nicool  View Original Post
    Hi there,
    I am resurrecting this 3 years old thread because i am now considering a Santi drysuit and would like to hear if people who participated here are still happy with their Santi suits.
    Indeed, 3 years later your suits may have been through a lot and i am keen to know how they've done.
    Quoting your post Dsix in particular because the Enduro is one of the models i am interested about, along with Elite and possibly Emotion P'us.
    Basically i am after a very tough suits so that i am not too worry when being washed on rocks after shore dives.
    The Enduro seems to be the toughest but i am wondering if it's to a point where the diver is restricted in movements or trim damaged by a too stiff suit?
    What about the Elite owners, it's materials seems tough... enough?
    And what about the durability of the suits' options, e.g tbe flexsoles or orher boots. What about their smart seals systems in real life? And those plastic zips supposed to be more durable than metal zip?

Cheers
    Nicolas
    My Enduro is still going strong. It is not stiff at all. No loss of motion either. I say this in comparison to the new Hollis and Dive Rite suits. The Pinnacles that I have seen are like cardboard.

Sent from my E500A using Tapatalk
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

I been diving the Santi E.lite for over 3 years, the suit is tough enough for my kind of diving. (caves, wrecks and a ton of shore diving)
    I bought the suit with the plastic zipper and it only lasted 2 years and start leaking during a cave trip Florida, I replaced the zipper with a metal one, no problem with leaks since. I order the suit with Flexsoles, Halcyon P Valve and smart seal, other that the issues with the zipper I'm please with the suit and I will buy another one from Santi.

Cheers,

Al

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Thanks Dsix! Good to hear you're happy with freedom of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper-limits  View Original Post
    I been diving the Santi E.lite for over 3 years, the suit is tough enough for my kind of diving. (caves, wrecks and a ton of shore diving)
    I bought the suit with the plastic zipper and it only lasted 2 years and start leaking during a cave trip Florida, I replaced the zipper with a metal one, no problem with leaks since. I order the suit with Flexsoles, Halcyon P Valve and smart seal, other that the issues with the zipper I'm please with the suit and I will buy another one from Santi.

Cheers,

Al
    Hi Hyper-limits, interesting to hear regarding the plastic zip, as i was rather keen to get one after watching the youtube video where santi introduces their plastic zip as an improvement over the metal one:
    http://youtu.be/lV7P_hDQfTA

Did you identify which part was failing? The zip itself or the surrounding black material, or stiching?
    I have seen my metal zip on my seaskin drysuit getting older and older (and now the second one) with the material layer between the jaws of the zip getting thinner till the point where not water-tight, PITA.

Apart from that, are you happy with the flexsoles durability, no holes from there? An Emotion diver told me he got some leaks from these who were getting worn out.

How many dives did your suit enjoy over these 3 years?

Cheers
    Nicolas

rEvo III micro FT RMS

My Enduro is still going strong. It is not stiff at all. No loss of motion either. I say this in comparison to the new Hollis and Dive Rite suits. The Pinnacles that I have seen are like cardboard.

Sent from my E500A using Tapatalk
    Hi Dsix,
    Just out of curiosity, how long have you been diving your suit for, and what sort of repairs did you have to do?
    Like some some holes, seams issues, zip failing, legs failing?
    How many time did your suits have to be serviced for you to stay dry?
    Curious about which options you took with the suit too.

Cheers
    Nicolas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast