+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SANTI E.Lite or E.Motion. Arguments Please!

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

SANTI E.Lite or E.Motion. Arguments Please!

I have decided to get a Santi, but I can't decide if the E.Lite or the E.Motion is what I wan't.

Can I get some feedback from people diving in these suits?

Thanks!
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

Not Admin Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C's Avatar
    rEvo Micro III

rEvo Mini III, Optima

Re: SANTI E.Lite or E.Motion. Arguments Please!

Hey Monkey,

I cannot talk to the E.Motion - we go the E.Lite. Great suit. I went ahead and got the QD for the seals (wrist and neck) as well. All work really well. Coming from a DUI suit, I am really impressed with the quality, the overall dryness and comfort. But having it only a year - I am still in a glow over it. All dry suits are awesome until that 1st flood

I wish I had some experience with the E.Motion to provide a compare/contrast.

Eric

RBW Member EOD is an unknown quantity at this point EOD's Avatar
    MK16

I've been diving an E.lite for two years now. I've owned a viking sport and whites fusion previously - the e.lite is hands down my favorite.

The fit is great (mine is made to measure). It's a snap to get in/out of. The pockets and other details are excellent.

I was looking for a tough suit and the material of the E.lite is heavy and rugged - albeit somewhat rigid. The e.motion would of been my choice if I wasn't going to be pushing though wrecks and mucking around on river bottoms.

saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Prism, Prism2

Ray, Dolphin, Mk15

The E. Motion is a very well cut and put together suit. The finish is top notch, the fabric seems quite robust and dries quickly. I have dived both the E. Lite (as a rental) and E. Motion and don't think you would be disappointed no matter how you decide.
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Winston Churchill
    A is A

Resident Selkie hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat's Avatar
    Megladon

I got the E. Motion at DEMA last year. Overall I like the suit, however... I got a made to measure, and it was ENORMOUS. I had a bit of going round and round (this was with the old US distributor) and eventually it went back to Poland and resized. Fit is pretty good now, but I think my DUIs fit better overall. It was March before I had a dividable suit that fit. Second issue- the material seems very fragile to me. I managed to abrade a hole completely through the torso from the heater connector inside the suit, before June. In nearly 20 years of diving TLS 350s I never had an abrasion problem.

Other than those to things, I like the suit. It has a lot of good features. I like it, but we're still "dating"- I haven't fallen in love with it yet.

YMMV, of course.

Heather

RBW Member scubamoody is an unknown quantity at this point scubamoody's Avatar
    Cis Lunar Mk6

SANTI E.Lite or E.Motion. Arguments Please!

I was in the same position and I went with the E.Motion because it was lighter and fast drying which was a big plus for me as I intended on travelling with the suit. Fit issues I think are hard to judge on MTM suits as you don't necessarily know where the error was made, in measurement, manufacturing etc. but am very happy with the suit and the service. I did not get a. MTM suit, I got measured and was told I would fit a stock size very nicely which saved me a bit of money.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Hey Monkey,

I have the E. Lite and never dove the E.motion so I can't compare the two. However, the SANTI is my 3rd dry suit manufacturer and the best I ever had by a long shot!

As I remember, I chose the elite over the emotion because the elite seemed to be a bit more tougher. I figured crawling around in it in a wreck it might be more puncture/rip resistant.

If you are coming to DEMA this year, you might be able to talk to the SANTI people yourself.

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

I dive the E-lite, I looked at both suit but decided to go with e-lite because it's a bit tougher than the e-motion. So far it's the best I ever owned and I owned a few in the past 30 years.
    The large suit fit perfectly I'm 5.11 and 190 lbs. I don't think you can go wrong with either suit.

Al

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

No experience with either of these suits or even know the differences between them, so you way want to just ignore the rest of this.

I have been diving the Santi Enduro for several years now and it has been bullet proof. I am not gentle on my suits and scuff them up on both wrecks and caves on a regular basis. It is still going strong and I have to assume it has a few more decades of life in it.

Yes, I am a big fan of my Santi and would not hesitate to get another or to recommend one to others.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    No experience with either of these suits or even know the differences between them, so you way want to just ignore the rest of this.

I have been diving the Santi Enduro for several years now and it has been bullet proof. I am not gentle on my suits and scuff them up on both wrecks and caves on a regular basis. It is still going strong and I have to assume it has a few more decades of life in it.

Yes, I am a big fan of my Santi and would not hesitate to get another or to recommend one to others.
    Hi Don,

Is the ENDURO the lightest material out of the entire Santi line?

Best regards,
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast