+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Op Amp choice

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Op Amp choice

Hi all,
    I am looking at making a modified version of Nick's MARK15 OLED HUD.
    Nick has been extreamly helpfull but I was wondering what others have done. Original HUD use's Arduino mini pro with trim pots to calibrate and a OPA4340UA op amp to boost cell signals, I would like to calibrate with softwere and poss know what other op amps people are using as I would like to use a PDIP package (as I don't think Im up to soldering surface mount components yet), also hope to use the Vcc from the arduino to run the op amp, so needs to be single supply 5V chip.

So far I have had my board displaying ADC and mV data (on the serial monitor) using a couple of old LM741's I had kicking about.

I would love to create a menu structer like packhorse's - I did speak with Greg a while ago, but this was before I'd even seen an Arduino?

My electonics is fairly basic and even less with coding, Im not hoping that someone will do this for me just help guide me while im pulling my hair out!!! (can tell I've tried some coding already!!!).

Hud will purly read three cells and display on an OLED screen (128x32), if all goes well was thinking I might add a RTC so I can see the time (as for some reason I seem to like this on my VR3), or if its able to be started/stopped from the piezo button like a stop watch might use as a crude dtimer.

I have started the hardware as I have most of the components (apart from op amp or RTC).

Any information greatly welcomed

Baz.

RBW Member MadUKDiver is on a distinguished road MadUKDiver is on a distinguished road MadUKDiver's Avatar
    AP Evolution

Re: Op Amp choice

You will want low power, single rail op-amp with rail to rail operation.

In this regard may I suggest the following: TLV2474

FAMILY OF 600μA/Ch 2.8MHz RAIL-TO-RAIL INPUT/OUTPUT
    HIGH-DRIVE OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIERS WITH SHUTDOWN

The voltage reference I'm using is MCP1525 which is available in TO92 package.

I'm using this in an Arduino based cell checker, the hardware is great. Just wish I could find time to finish the firmware.

Hi

I have used this one for my project, and it works perfect:
    http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/e...Doc/22041b.pdf

BR,
    Søren

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar

I had a quick look at the micro chips last night, they are about £1 each compared to £5 for the opa4340. At these prices, price is not an issue, just as this is my first follow into electronics (and coding). Didn't get to involved with the data sheets because 3am is not the best time for me to be looking spec's. Will print off and have a good read through.
    Regards
    Baz

RBW Member jdh is an unknown quantity at this point jdh's Avatar
    rEvo

Classic KISS

I would look for a high res i2c ADC and skip the opamps.

MCP 3424 can be run at 18 bits (overkill and slow) or 16 and faster.
    Also has built in gain stage if desired.

Dev board available at
    JeeLabs Analog Plug | Modern Device

Hi jdh,
    Slightly different approach, will look into.

As first stated my electronic knowledge is very limited, hence wanting to see how others approach the same projects.

Hoping to lurn a lot and even if I don't feel able to complete my HUD project hope at least I will have a better understanding of what I already use?

Regards

Baz

RBW Member pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs's Avatar
    Drager Ray

Homebuild deathtrap

Lt1014 precision opamp. Very low offset voltage and bias current.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

RBW Member risototh is an unknown quantity at this point risototh's Avatar
    (KT)BOD+AV1c+own computer

YBOD, Ray, rEvo II eCCR

In my current project, i'm using the TLC4501. Have a look at them... Interesting devices :D

Hi risototh,
    we've crossed paths a couple of times already, it was your write up that inspired me to have a go at converting my inspo over to coaxial/smb.
    Will have a look over your chosen op amp for your project.
    Regards
    Baz.

An ideas why these would be different??? Same part no. different package (by the eye), and why do they make different SM packages? I understand through hole DIP to SM.

Regards

Baz.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast