+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deep on Curacao

Deep and Safe Nanookh is an unknown quantity at this point Nanookh's Avatar
    rEvo Micro III with rMS

Hollis Prism 2

Deep on Curacao

Last Sunday we successfully completed a 122 metres (400ft) dive off the coast of Curacao (Leeward Antilles) at one of the many excellent deep spots the island has to offer. Equipment used was the Hollis Prism and rEvo Micro FT. All the way from bottom (along a vertical wall, less than 120 metres off the coast) to the deco area, starting at 54 metres there was a lot to see. Visibility excellent. Total runtime 141 minutes. This was one of the training dives to go for a deep wreck called Stella Maris (440 - 500ft), which we want to dive somewhere next year. Will announce at Home when this event will take place. Guys, Curacao is the place to go for deep. A lot of support is available and there's more to come.

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

Re: Deep on Curacao

3 years ago there was no support whatsoever (except the mad Dutchman mixing trimix in his carport) and everything had to be shipped in advance. Things have clearly changed for the better.

rEvo Micro III with rMS

Hollis Prism 2

That's right, O2, Helium, sorb and booster pump, as well as bottles, rigs and other stuff all readily available.

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Can someone just rent your tins; buy the sorb and go, or must they dive with your shop?

RBW Member willib is an unknown quantity at this point willib's Avatar
    JJ CCR (arrived :-)

Thats good to read...see you in November..

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookh  View Original Post
    Last Sunday we successfully completed a 122 metres (400ft) dive off the coast of Curacao (Leeward Antilles) at one of the many excellent deep spots the island has to offer. Equipment used was the Hollis Prism and rEvo Micro FT. All the way from bottom (along a vertical wall, less than 120 metres off the coast) to the deco area, starting at 54 metres there was a lot to see. Visibility excellent. Total runtime 141 minutes. This was one of the training dives to go for a deep wreck called Stella Maris (440 - 500ft), which we want to dive somewhere next year. Will announce at Home when this event will take place. Guys, Curacao is the place to go for deep. A lot of support is available and there's more to come.
    Nice Work

Probably sleeping Dr.Yen is an unknown quantity at this point Dr.Yen's Avatar
    PELAGIAN

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoC  View Original Post
    Can someone just rent your tins; buy the sorb and go, or must they dive with your shop?
    I'd also be interested in this. I used to live in Bonaire some 5 years ago and was able to get unlimited tanks for $99 then chuck them in the back of a pickup and do my dives at my leisure. I now have 4 months to kill somewhere warm and if I could get similar support and ease of shore diving on CCR Curacao would be a strong candidate.

Yen

rEvo Micro III with rMS

Hollis Prism 2

At Goby Divers (see www.Goby-Divers.com) technical and CCR equipment and consumables are readily available.

+ Reply to Thread