+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CCR normoxic instructors for caves in Lot, France?

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

CCR normoxic instructors for caves in Lot, France?

You can find some instructors in France that can do MOD2 on the rEvo (Thibault Rauby - Tybo on RBW - comes to my mind) but not in caves.
    I completely agree with Iamyourgasman, this is nonsense.

Dive addict taliena is an unknown quantity at this point taliena's Avatar

Re: CCR normoxic instructors for caves in Lot, France?

hmmm, my instructor dived a JJ when I did mod3 on a Vision. That was not allowed? Funny. Mod3 is a course that is really easy if you already have done deep trimix dives on oc. Mod2 is then easy too if you can handle your Rebreather and know already about trimix and decodiving. You don't have experience with oc trimixdiving? Because you ask for a mod2 course? Otherwise I would advise to skip mod2 and go directly to mod3.

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Maybe your instructor was allowed to deliver certification for the Vision?
    It's not the machine he dives that is important, it's the machine he can certifies on.

Dive addict taliena is an unknown quantity at this point taliena's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane  View Original Post
    Maybe your instructor was allowed to deliver certification for the Vision?
    It's not the machine he dives that is important, it's the machine he can certifies on.
    Yes, he can do Inspiration. But I thougth the mod2 and mod3 courses can be teached by every mod2 or mod3 instructor. Only mod1 is unitspecific.
    Last edited by taliena; 8th September 2014 at 10:38.

There is some tourism in the summer months and places can get quiet crowded.
    informatica training in chennai | oracle training in chennai | hadoop training in chennai

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Contact Sven de Vos @ thinkblue
    REvo, trimix And caves I think.

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

[QUOTE=iamyourgasman]This is where the unit specific nonsense bites back, you can't get tuition from excellent instructors just because the counterlung is backmounted in a steel case or the shearwater startup screen says rEvo instead of JJ/Prism whatever... When you have these issues people will just give it a go as tbh diving Trimix on a CCR is not rocket surgery. I don't understand how does it make diving safer for the divers, not the manufacturers? /QUOTE]

Totally agree. Complete nonsense. As long as the MOD 1 has been comprehensive and thorough and covered every aspect of the Unit why the need for an agency approved instructor for Mod 2 & 3?

Martini Diver Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW's Avatar
    rEvo III Expedition + others

rEvo Meg AP Sentinel KISS

Quote Originally Posted by BR Hedden  View Original Post
    I don't speak much French, so I'd want the instruction to be in English. And I'm diving a rEVO.

Should have mentioned those things in the first post - thanks!
    I'm very late to this one but Jani Santala is a rEvo instructor and a cave instructor. Dives in France often.

http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/inst...urope/finland/

He's also a really nice guy.

RBW Member OutOfTest is an unknown quantity at this point OutOfTest's Avatar
    None

Brian, I've seen you do 100m dives on your rebreather in French caves.

Love Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member P-A is an unknown quantity at this point P-A's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by taliena  View Original Post
    hmmm, my instructor dived a JJ when I did mod3 on a Vision. That was not allowed? Funny. Mod3 is a course that is really easy if you already have done deep trimix dives on oc. Mod2 is then easy too if you can handle your Rebreather and know already about trimix and decodiving. You don't have experience with oc trimixdiving? Because you ask for a mod2 course? Otherwise I would advise to skip mod2 and go directly to mod3.
    If the course is easy the instructor isn't pushing you hard enough to give you valuable training.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast