+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CCR normoxic instructors for caves in Lot, France?

RBW Member BR Hedden is an unknown quantity at this point BR Hedden's Avatar

CCR normoxic instructors for caves in Lot, France?

I'm interested in doing my CCR mod 2 (normoxic) in the caves of the Lot/Dordogne.

Can anyone recommend an instructor who teaches there? Do any of the CCR instructors from the UK who also dive caves come down to the Lot for teaching?

Thanks!

French CCR cave diver JLS is an unknown quantity at this point JLS's Avatar

Re: CCR normoxic instructors for caves in Lot, France?

Pascal Poingt
    Plongée tek formation

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Do you speak french? What kind of unit are you diving?

I don't speak much French, so I'd want the instruction to be in English. And I'm diving a rEVO.

Should have mentioned those things in the first post - thanks!

RBW Member pollardive is an unknown quantity at this point pollardive's Avatar

Check out Ian France from Dive Matrix. from uk and dives in dordogne and Lot.On facebook
    Kevin
    Last edited by pollardive; 6th September 2014 at 22:09.

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

On the rEvo you won't find many instructors doing MOD2 in caves.
    Pascal won't be able to do it as he dives an Inspiration and doesn't speak much english.

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Frank Vasseur...?????

rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Frank is a very good instructor but does not teach on rEvo, he won't be able to deliver a card (but I might be wrong).

RBW Member iamyourgasman is an unknown quantity at this point iamyourgasman's Avatar
    rEvo III RMS S/S mini

RANT ON This is where the unit specific nonsense bites back, you can't get tuition from excellent instructors just because the counterlung is backmounted in a steel case or the shearwater startup screen says rEvo instead of JJ/Prism whatever... When you have these issues people will just give it a go as tbh diving Trimix on a CCR is not rocket surgery. I don't understand how does it make diving safer for the divers, not the manufacturers? RANT OFF
    I hope you find someone and can learn how to do it safely. I feel your pain as even non-cave trimix training will get trickier on certain units in certain locations.

Yes, actually I didn't even realise that the instructor had to be diving the same unit as the student for normoxic. I don't see the justification for that restriction, but I'd be open to persuasion. Anyway, nothing I can do about it. If I can't find someone for France, I'll just hold off and do the training back in Florida - just that the French caves are so inviting for trimix :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast