+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dive Site Review British Columbia Canada ( warm water diver you are missing out)

Newby Rebreather Diver gemdiver is an unknown quantity at this point gemdiver's Avatar
    Kiss Gem

Dive Site Review British Columbia Canada ( warm water diver you are missing out)

Hey fellow divers.

My home base is Vancouver BC Canada. In BC we have some really nice diving. Don't get me wrong I like the warm water, but after a week or two diving I miss my BC coast. This is the first dive site review I will be posting about diving in BC. This first one is one of my favorite shore dive sites called Tuwanek Point. Here is a link to the page Tuwanek British Columbia ? The Undiscovered Voyage. But for you who like video better here is a youtube video with a site briefing and some cool underwater video
    Trip Review: Day Trip To Tuwanek - YouTube">Trip Review: Day Trip To Tuwanek - YouTube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
    Trip Review: Day Trip To Tuwanek - YouTube

Let me know what you think.

RBW Member Lee Stroke is an unknown quantity at this point Lee Stroke's Avatar
    Revo

Re: Dive Site Review British Columbia Canada ( warm water diver you are missing out)

Thanks for the post and video.You forgot to tell us what the water temp was.

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

Re: Dive Site Review British Columbia Canada ( warm water diver you are missing out)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stroke  View Original Post
    Below the thermocline it is in the high 40's most of the year. Warm water diving.

Peter

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post
    Below the thermocline it is in the high 40's most of the year. Warm water diving.
    And we love it.

Thanks for the video and post gemdiver

Cheers

Al

Newby Rebreather Diver gemdiver is an unknown quantity at this point gemdiver's Avatar
    Kiss Gem

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stroke  View Original Post
    At the moment the first 15 -20 ft it is about 15C 59F below 30 ft it is about 8C 46F. But with a dry suit it is not a problem. People always act like there are icebergs floating past. Not in BC.

RBW Member Lee Stroke is an unknown quantity at this point Lee Stroke's Avatar
    Revo

I have done some of Puget Sound diving.There you never want a sunny day for diving because if the sun comes out you will have a plankton plume; followed by pea soup vis. Lucky their summer only last two weeks.

+ Reply to Thread