+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: looking for a techweek or trustable divecenter where you are welcome alone

Dive addict taliena is an unknown quantity at this point taliena's Avatar

looking for a techweek or trustable divecenter where you are welcome alone

Want to go on holiday in august/september/october. Problem: no divebuddy.
    So I am looking for a divecenter that organises or a week of techdiving where you can join with full trimix dives, or that is trustable to arrange the dives you want (because they have other divers too where you can join, or they just want to organise it for you).
    What I want: deep wrecks 90m and deeper. At least 2 dives over 100m.
    Maybe some caves if that are nice ones. But I prefer wrecks on a holiday. Some reefs are ok too.
    Countries:
    South of France, Northern part of Spain, or northern part of Italy I prefer, then I can go by car. Otherwise I have to take a plane. Then I prefer Egypt or Malta. Turkey is not too expensive too, but I don't know what is possible there with diving.
    Anyone tips?
    The reason why I say this so 'rude' is because I have some bad experiences with a divecenter that promised to organise the dives I wanted to do. Then I booked a flight, came there and the organisation was bad. Or waiting for over 2 hours in a port for a boat to bring you to the wrecks, not the promised deep dives (but they took another group to the wrecks I came for and said to me sorry, it will not fit, but I am a customer too), shorten dives because boat was needed for another group of divers, etc.
    Last edited by taliena; 8th July 2014 at 09:53.

RBW Member stuey will become famous soon enough stuey will become famous soon enough stuey will become famous soon enough stuey's Avatar
    Inspo, Evo, Poseidon

Inspo classic, Meg, Deep

Re: looking for a techweek or trustable divecenter where you are welcome alone

Quote Originally Posted by taliena  View Original Post
    So I am looking for a divecenter that organises or a week of techdiving where you can join with full trimix dives, or that is trustable to arrange the dives you want (because they have other divers too where you can join, or they just want to organise it for you).
    Maybe some caves if that are nice ones. But I prefer wrecks on a holiday. Some reefs are ok too.
    Countries:
    South of France, Northern part of Spain, or northern part of Italy I prefer, then I can go by car. Otherwise I have to take a plane. Then I prefer Egypt or Malta. Turkey is not too expensive too, but I don't know what is possible there with diving.
    Anyone tips?
    The reason why I say this so 'rude' is because I have some bad experiences with a divecenter that promised to organise the dives I wanted to do. Then I booked a flight, came there and the organisation was bad. Or waiting for over 2 hours in a port for a boat to bring you to the wrecks, not the promised deep dives (but they took another group to the wrecks I came for and said to me sorry, it will not fit, but I am a customer too), shorten dives because boat was needed for another group of divers, etc.
    If your prepared to go travel further techthailand still have spaces on a 12 day wreck diving live aboard trip leaving Koh Samui Thailand on August 31st and gets into Singapore on the 12th Sept, all diving with the exception of the check out dive on the 1st Sept will be WW2 wrecks which will include the following USS Lagarto (sub) IJN Shigure (Jp Destroyer) IJN Hatsutaka (Jp minelayer) HMS Repulse & HS Prince of Wales, (GBR battle cruiser and battleship)
    You won't get 100 mtrs max is around 70, they have full OC and CCR support on the boat, very professional operation.
    Cheers
    Stuey

RBW Member ian hartley is an unknown quantity at this point ian hartley's Avatar
    INSP VISION

Quote Originally Posted by taliena  View Original Post
    Countries:
    Anyone tips?
    If you are looking at spain then Kaycher diving

Regards

Ian

Wanna Dive Gonna Dive Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket's Avatar
    Dive Can JJ

APD Classic, Vision Anolog JJ

Quote Originally Posted by ian hartley  View Original Post
    If you are looking at spain then Kaycher diving

Regards

Ian
    + 1 for Kaycher, speak to stuart he arranges all depths to suit but you might have to go with the weeks he has for deeper dives etc, he arranges for anything from 45mt to 100+mt weeks, really good set up to.

| Kaycher Diving

alby

Tomas Davidsson tompaspain is an unknown quantity at this point tompaspain's Avatar
    JJ

Classic Kiss

+1
    Stuart is a friendly bloke, bok the 100m week if its not full or talk with him.
    2-3h run times is no problem he will whait for you.

the dives and wis is realy good and if you go nnow in the summer you will have a bottom temp of 10-15degres and around 21m and up way above 20 degres the top stops is around 24-26 degres...

Quote Originally Posted by Alby scubakitmarket  View Original Post
    + 1 for Kaycher, speak to stuart he arranges all depths to suit but you might have to go with the weeks he has for deeper dives etc, he arranges for anything from 45mt to 100+mt weeks, really good set up to.

| Kaycher Diving

alby

RBW Member Paul r s is an unknown quantity at this point Paul r s's Avatar
    inspo classic

looking for a techweek or trustable divecenter where you are welcome alone

Another vote for kaycher. With their new shop with top notch gas blending panel, cat boat with grill and large lift at rear. Great set up and I will be back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

OR:

First week in September, Grand Cayman with DiveTek during Focus Underwater

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

Anytime here in Jordan if you want some nice easy Red Sea conditions, we only have wrecks at 25m 55m and 58m and no caves, but have some great 100m plus dives....all these sites can be visited with our boat as the reef drops of so all are also suitable for recreational divers and snorkellers...We have plenty of tec diving staff itching to do some deep dives...just need an excuse (including me)....I can also buddy on CCR...
    We have sorb O2 and helium...

Dive Aqaba - PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Center - Red Sea - Jordan

RBW Member Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit & bits

inspo classic

have you looked at any of the dive centres in sardinia? it's got deep wrecks and caves in abundance.

Wanna Dive Gonna Dive Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket's Avatar
    Dive Can JJ

APD Classic, Vision Anolog JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ferguson  View Original Post
    have you looked at any of the dive centres in sardinia? it's got deep wrecks and caves in abundance.
    hi mike

do you have any info on sardinia we are thinking about doing a trip there next year

alby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast