+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So ANDI is no longer teaching the rEvo

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

So ANDI is no longer teaching the rEvo

So is this official ?

"Christian Massaad

Effective 18 June 2014, ANDI International withdraws support for the rEvo product. We will no longer offer any further cooperation with this company nor after a 60 day transition, offer any certification on product manufactured by the rEvo company".

I hear ANDI don't like the requirements for training being put in place by the manufacturer specifically at least one dive of the course to be no deco and deeper than 30m....

Personally I feel if you can't dive a CCR to 40m with no deco out of the course you have no place being on a unit to begin with.

Cheers
    Chriso
    Last edited by Chris; 18th June 2014 at 12:33.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: So ANDI is no longer teaching the rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Chris  View Original Post
    So is this official ?

"Christian Massaad

Effective 18 June 2014, ANDI International withdraws support for the rEvo product. We will no longer offer any further cooperation with this company nor after a 60 day transition, offer any certification on product manufactured by the rEvo company".

I hear ANDI don't like the requirements for training being put in place by the manufacturer specifically at least one dive of the course to be no deco and deeper than 30m....

Personally I feel if you can't dive a CCR to 40m with no deco out of the course you have no place being on a unit to begin with.

Cheers
    Chriso
    well.... I'll see when I get something official from ANDI, as it is not clear here who is actually putting this out...

and rEvo requires 'minimum 30': we did this actually to help ANDI to comply with our training standards...

maybe just some wind in a glass...

Paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member Valery is on a distinguished road Valery is on a distinguished road Valery's Avatar

So ANDI is no longer teaching the rEvo

Pardon me for speculating, but I believe that wherever money is involved, no healthy relationship can be made.

dougbeer dougbeer is an unknown quantity at this point dougbeer's Avatar
    not yet

Quote Originally Posted by Valery  View Original Post
    Pardon me for speculating, but I believe that wherever money is involved, no healthy relationship can be made.
    Hmm... I have to disagree with that. Why would the baker bake or the teacher teach without compensation? be it in the form of goods, service or money (which is merely a convenient way of representing goods and service)

The times this doesn't work well is thievery or hidden agendas.

Examples of thievery: I want free education, I want free housing, I want free medicine, I want free food; and the State takes it from you to give to me. Maybe they force you to give CCR classes... I think I'd rather pay thank you.

Examples of hidden agenda: The actor who is paid to say he likes a particular product.
    The State having a secret deal with the farmer to pay him with your money for a crop that you don't want. The politician saying you have to take care of these people because (the representative of these people is putting money in his pocket)
    I think the healthiest relationship is an agreement of payment and service

But I digress, what would you replace money with?

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by dougbeer  View Original Post
    Hmm... I have to disagree with that. Why would the baker bake or the teacher teach without compensation? be it in the form of goods, service or money (which is merely a convenient way of representing goods and service)

The times this doesn't work well is thievery or hidden agendas.

Examples of thievery: I want free education, I want free housing, I want free medicine, I want free food; and the State takes it from you to give to me. Maybe they force you to give CCR classes... I think I'd rather pay thank you.

Examples of hidden agenda: The actor who is paid to say he likes a particular product.
    The State having a secret deal with the farmer to pay him with your money for a crop that you don't want. The politician saying you have to take care of these people because (the representative of these people is putting money in his pocket)
    I think the healthiest relationship is an agreement of payment and service

But I digress, what would you replace money with?
    This sounds like one smart guy.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

I think its a really ridiculous reaction from Andi to stop with rEvo . Too bad, I thought it was a serious organization . They don't think about their students who started with Andi and they don't care about their instructors who invested time and money to teach on rEvo . Probably a "one man decision"

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

By the way this news is really a-year-old. When I got certified on the Revo it was with Joe Radomski, as he wrote the training manual for ANDI the rEvo, it's a good book.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    By the way this news is really a-year-old. When I got certified on the Revo it was with Joe Radomski, as he wrote the training manual for ANDI the rEvo, it's a good book.

Best regards,
    Joe also wrote a really good book for the meg. I wish I could still use it.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Joe also wrote a really good book for the meg. I wish I could still use it.
    Put a brown paper cover on it.... shhhhhhhhhhhh........ none of us will tell anyone...

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    Put a brown paper cover on it.... shhhhhhhhhhhh........ none of us will tell anyone...
    Your funny!
    Chett. L