+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Haskel AGT 15/30 Service manual

Haskel AGT 15/30 Service manual

Does anyone have a service manual for the Haskel AGT 15/30 that I can have a copy of please?

Serious Swagelok Addict jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Satori PSCR

Re: Haskel AGT 15/30 Service manual

There isn't such a thing, not that I've been able to find anyway. There are schematics, which are very old PDF's but little else. I've contacted High Pressure Technologies, Haskel, American Airworks and a local dealer here in Australia but there is no such service manual.

I did fully strip down and rebuild my AGT15/30 from scratch including replacing the two main shafts, pilot valves and putting a full air drive kit and full oxygen kits in both sides including the four check valves using the schematics only.

Contact Ray at American Airworks or the guys at High Pressure Technologies for the schematics and parts required.

RBW Member JacobT will become famous soon enough JacobT will become famous soon enough JacobT will become famous soon enough JacobT will become famous soon enough JacobT's Avatar
    rEvo III

Is that the general situation for Haskel boosters? I'm window shopping for a booster atm, and the ability to perform service yourself would be a big plus.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by jasace  View Original Post
    There isn't such a thing, not that I've been able to find anyway. There are schematics, which are very old PDF's but little else. I've contacted High Pressure Technologies, Haskel, American Airworks and a local dealer here in Australia but there is no such service manual.

I did fully strip down and rebuild my AGT15/30 from scratch including replacing the two main shafts, pilot valves and putting a full air drive kit and full oxygen kits in both sides including the four check valves using the schematics only.

Contact Ray at American Airworks or the guys at High Pressure Technologies for the schematics and parts required.
    Just curious what that rebuid cost you. I know the parts kits from Haskel are ridiculous if you need O2 clean.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

All you will find for most of the major manufacturers are drawings with annotations indicating which areas require special attention.

I have been servicing and overhauling boosters for some time now and from experience I suggest not attempting it yourself unless properly trained and you have the necessary tools and equipment. You can get into some terrible trouble if you get it wrong....High Pressure Oxygen is terribly dangerous!!!

My suggestion is hand it to someone who knows what they are doing.

It probably isn't what you wanted to hear but it's the best advise I can give you.

Regards,

Lance

Serious Swagelok Addict jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Satori PSCR

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Just curious what that rebuid cost you. I know the parts kits from Haskel are ridiculous if you need O2 clean.
    I did put proper Haskel factory clean oxygen kits through mine and from memory, it went roughly something like this:

Oxygen kit 15 side including both check valves: USD$500
    Oxygen kit 30 side including both check valves: USD$500
    Air drive kit including spool o-rings: USD$250
    Pilot valves (x2) USD$30 each
    Main shaft 15 side: USD$500
    Main shaft 30 side: USD$500

So around USD$2250.

It was a fairly simple process, there is nothing complex about a 2 stage booster. There are a few tricks of the trade that Perry taught me to make things easier to insert. The check valves were the hardest to get out but I got them all out in the end without damage.

You have to pay very close attention to the schematics and the direction/position of the seals and retaining circlips but if you take lots of pictures like I did and take your time, it is commonsense.

I took every part of my booster apart and cleaned it all in Simple Green Crystal a couple of times in my 5 litre Ultrasonic. The hardest part to clean was the cooling tube that connects both sides of the booster.

It was a fun project, that was time consuming but very rewarding when I fired it up and it ran perfectly and has done for the last couple of years.

JJ-CCR

Satori PSCR

Quote Originally Posted by JacobT  View Original Post
    Is that the general situation for Haskel boosters? I'm window shopping for a booster atm, and the ability to perform service yourself would be a big plus.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Jacob, it depends how handy you are and what type of tools you have available to you. HI have the best drawings for the 5G14/30 and you can use them on the AGT15/30 but if you look closely - very closely, there is enough detail in the Haskel drawings to do the full service without needing to use the HI drawings.

I must admit that in the beginning I wondered if I had bitten off more than I could chew, but careful attention to detail, a few dis-assembly photos and patience payed off.

The Haskel has a higher interstage stall point, so doesn't require the supply gas (not drive gas but input gas you wish to boost) bottle to be regulated, whereas the HI 5G14/30 does require you to regulate the input gas supply.

All boosters need the drive gas to be regulated to around 10 bar.

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Sorry i know its of very little use to this thread, but i got a stansted ex m.o.d booster, converted it to run on single phase (was three phase) was having trouble to get running and even though i never got it direct for stansted they when through there archives and found me the manual and parts drawing and even helped out with the set up of third party pieces fitted. Service intervals from what i remember were twice that of the haskels so will probable never have to do (for the amount i use) and service kit was about £100 from memory.
    so well worth considering
    regards
    baz

donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo's Avatar

Call John Hagen at Pneumatics & Hydraulics in Houston, 713-681-5211.

The parts are very expensive, I bought a complete rebuild kit for my 15/30 last year, nothing more than O-rings, seals and a few springs and it was $900.00 USD. The kit has exploded views with individual part numbers listed.

John is very knowledgeable and will be able to help you with most any issue you may have.

Don

RBW Member Diving Pete is on a distinguished road Diving Pete is on a distinguished road Diving Pete's Avatar
    Modified Inspro

Double Vision

To the OP:

I still have some documentation about this booster 15/30 that has helped a few people here.. PM me your email & I'll send it to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast