+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: JJCCR vs REVO mini vs VR Sentenil.

  1. #11
    RBW Member Larry0428 is on a distinguished road Larry0428 is on a distinguished road Larry0428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    67
    Inspiration Vision

    JJCCR vs REVO mini vs VR Sentenil.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    Whats the difereance between my unit and a new one?

    Except the redesign on the scrubber housing which I already have and (which isnt relevent to neg testing)

    I also now have the 2013 T piece mounts on my rig


    ATB

    Mark
    I'm not looking to get flamed but just understand a little better. JJ's to be very popular, but nearly every time I see posts about it they seem to have lots of niggly little problems. Is that fair? What actually makes them that good, can't really be quality with all of those issues. If you compare them to a new Inspo or rEvo I'm struggling to workout why they have such a following.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  2. #12
    All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Weymouth, England
    Posts
    3,023
    NVMCCR Inspiration

    Classic KISS, Sport KISS

    Re: JJCCR vs REVO mini vs VR Sentenil.

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry0428  View Original Post
    I'm not looking to get flamed but just understand a little better. JJ's to be very popular, but nearly every time I see posts about it they seem to have lots of niggly little problems. Is that fair? What actually makes them that good, can't really be quality with all of those issues. If you compare them to a new Inspo or rEvo I'm struggling to workout why they have such a following.
    2 things-

    1. People only post niggles not thousands of reliable hours diving. There are alot of very quiet and one would assume happy JJ divers.

    2. One iof the people posting is Mark, he has broken Everything. That Mark still runs and JJ and dives it is a positive endorsement.


  3. #13
    All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Weymouth, England
    Posts
    3,023
    NVMCCR Inspiration

    Classic KISS, Sport KISS

    Re: JJCCR vs REVO mini vs VR Sentenil.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    One of the big issues with the JJ is I am frightened to put it in a big posative test because the internal counterlungs ouze out from behind the T pieces and thats a PITA.
    Mark, what is the need for a "big" positive, you only need to create a positive pressure (above ambient) in the loop, just enough to visibly inflate then wait and release, no need for 10's of minutes or hours held at massive pressure? Same with negative for that matter...

    I used to do the same on my KISS, only ever gave slight under or over pressure and held for 2-3min tops, never needed more to confirm loop integrity. FWIW I never had an issue with the KISS either and I had and loved the stock ADV, works fine and I never understood why people had to mess about with it, have always assumed it was people doing well-hard Positive and Negatives for ages that bent and stretched things and stopped it working.

    I'm currently running Inspiration loop with my own BMCL, I had "inner lung extrusion" problems initially and diagnosed too big a hole in the inner lung, I now use lungs with undersize holes that I stretch to fit over the T-piece and can do hard as nails positive tests if required- I don't but since it was home build I had to push it to extremes at first before diving the thing!

  4. #14
    RBW Member Larry0428 is on a distinguished road Larry0428 is on a distinguished road Larry0428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    67
    Inspiration Vision

    JJCCR vs REVO mini vs VR Sentenil.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    2 things-

    1. People only post niggles not thousands of reliable hours diving. There are alot of very quiet and one would assume happy JJ divers.

    2. One iof the people posting is Mark, he has broken Everything. That Mark still runs and JJ and dives it is a positive endorsement.

    Thanks Ben, appreciate the response. I guess though your first statement probably applies to all makes and models to some extent. I was just trying to workout what the advantages of the JJ are. It seems to me to be functional and design wise a copy of the Inspo. And while I know the Inspo cops a bit of a pasting for its cells, it otherwise seems pretty rock solid reliability wise, has more features but is represented by many as inferior to the JJ. I just can't workout why.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  5. #15
    RBW Member izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    66
    JJ

    Re: JJCCR vs REVO mini vs VR Sentenil.

    I sort of like the inspo and it would probably be my second choice if I wasn't on a JJ.

    Main benefits if comparing a JJ to a stock inspiration, bearing in mind that I'm far from an inspiration expert so this is really just my biased outlook.

    I like the shearwater electronics. The AP handsets are a bit bulky and less intuitive. Also the displays on the shearwater seems far better to me. I'm guessing updated electronics is in the works though.

    The JJ is very modular when it comes to tank size and setup.

    I'm not the biggest fan of front mounted counterlungs. I haven't had a chance to look at the inspiration back mounted ones so I can't comment on those but the JJ ones haven't been an issue for me outside an OPV leak that was fixable on site without tools.

    I've never done a full strip down on an inspiration but I do know that the JJ is ridiculously easy to strip down, straight forward to build up and that it's easy to manage field repairs or jury-rigging - even for me who's slightly impaired in that area.

  6. #16
    RBW Member Oranssi is an unknown quantity at this point Oranssi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    13
    Sentinel

    JJCCR vs REVO mini vs VR Sentenil.

    Quote Originally Posted by subbaltica  View Original Post
    So I will vote for Sentinel, not only cause I dive one of it, but because i dove other two.

    Sentinel robust and reliable with with cutting edge technology. Heavy ? true but neutral in water, You need lead just to sink your suit.
    Big - well yes, but the best scrubber ratio out there. Longest duration, best thermal reaction protection. Configurable, with lots of data available.

    With redundant electronics as standart, double HUD as stansart, the only BOV with CE - as standart, TPM as standart, CO2 monitoring, one of the best WOB. If you not tight cave freak this unit is for you, if you are one, ask Phil Short what he is using


    You got that right :)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    RBW Member sunboy_209@hotmail.com is an unknown quantity at this point sunboy_209@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    china
    Posts
    4
    meg

    Re: JJCCR vs REVO mini vs VR Sentenil.

    Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    90% of the units we sell at the moment are the titanium rigs, in standard, mini or micro version
    the micro FT with 3 liter dumpy (light weight) tanks... neutral with a 3mm shorty

    titanium micro does make a difference!
    revo Is it possible to add a co2 sensor it? Like vr as

  8. #18
    rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    4,073
    rEvo

    Re: JJCCR vs REVO mini vs VR Sentenil.

    Quote Originally Posted by sunboy_209@hotmail.com  View Original Post
    revo Is it possible to add a co2 sensor it? Like vr as
    as soon as a real reliable sensor comes on the market, we can just plug it in: the connection is already in our units

    but.. to be really honest, CO2 sensing after the scrubber in a rEvo.. maybe because the market wants it, but not because you need it...
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

  9. #19
    So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,205
    JJ Hybrid

    Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

    Re: JJCCR vs REVO mini vs VR Sentenil.

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry0428  View Original Post
    Thanks Ben, appreciate the response. I guess though your first statement probably applies to all makes and models to some extent. I was just trying to workout what the advantages of the JJ are. It seems to me to be functional and design wise a copy of the Inspo. And while I know the Inspo cops a bit of a pasting for its cells, it otherwise seems pretty rock solid reliability wise, has more features but is represented by many as inferior to the JJ. I just can't workout why.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


    Trust me the inspo is massivly inferior to the JJ :D


    All ccr have issues of one thing or another. I have 10 years of CCR diving behind me and I have owned and dived Inspo Classic Inspo Hammer Head rEvo KISS and JJ ccr. I have dived several others on a try dive basis.

    I wreck and cave dive but mainly wreck and I am usualy found trying to get through holes other people wouldent try (which is ironic seeing as I am fat)

    Also in 10 years I have put in over 1500 hours underwater which is a fair old data base of what can go wrong.


    The JJ is far superior to any other ECCR I have dived because its been super reliable and never cost me a dive. It never totaly flooded and its never had a controler failure

    That said neither did my rEvo Hibrid running the same Shearwater controler

    The thing that makes it better than the rest is its compact design which meens I can take it on board as overhead locker luggage and the fact its a ready to dive unit (or it was when it came with a BOV)

    I have modified every unit i have ever owned excepth the JJ. The only mod on the JJ is swaping the JJ bov for a Golum BOV

    My inspo when through two travel frames in an atempt to make it travel freindly and both my KISS and my rEvo needed BOVs Stands and full PP02 HUDs

    Customer service for the JJ is good and it means i dont have to deel with Martin Parker any more which makes me very happy.

    My favorate unit is still the KISS Mccr with Golum BOV Shearwater Display and Shearwater HUD but if today I had to choce another ECCR it would defo be the JJ

    ATB

    Mark

  10. #20
    So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,205
    JJ Hybrid

    Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

    Re: JJCCR vs REVO mini vs VR Sentenil.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    Mark, what is the need for a "big" positive, you only need to create a positive pressure (above ambient) in the loop, just enough to visibly inflate then wait and release, no need for 10's of minutes or hours held at massive pressure? Same with negative for that matter...

    I used to do the same on my KISS, only ever gave slight under or over pressure and held for 2-3min tops, never needed more to confirm loop integrity. FWIW I never had an issue with the KISS either and I had and loved the stock ADV, works fine and I never understood why people had to mess about with it, have always assumed it was people doing well-hard Positive and Negatives for ages that bent and stretched things and stopped it working.

    I'm currently running Inspiration loop with my own BMCL, I had "inner lung extrusion" problems initially and diagnosed too big a hole in the inner lung, I now use lungs with undersize holes that I stretch to fit over the T-piece and can do hard as nails positive tests if required- I don't but since it was home build I had to push it to extremes at first before diving the thing!

    I do what your sugesting now but I was used to hitting the ADV till the OPV poped for my Pos tests and i didnt have a problem with doing that on anything except the JJ

    I agree neg tests on a standard KISS had to be short so as not to dammage the ADV diaghpragm

    ATB

    Mark

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts