+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RB diving in O'ahu Hawaii ..

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: RB diving in O'ahu Hawaii ..

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Nice little chart. Thanks for posting.

Best regards,
    The cool thing about that site is it has shore diving website for a lot of dive destinations, the landing page walks you through the regions it supports. As well, its nice to read current reviews of the sites and some new sites that get added from time to time.

Be Alive... ShoreDive!

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

KISS travel/RB diving in O'ahu Hawaii

When I flew with my KISS I printed up a page that read
    "ATTENTION TSA This is a a factory manufactured KISS Closed Circuit Technical Scuba Diving Rebreather. There are no scrubber chemicals or compressed gasses in this luggage. I am available to answer any questions about this device."
    I printed my cell phone number in large type and copied my Driver's license, work ID and CCR Certification Card onto the page and laminated it.

I laid it on top of the KISS and it came through in one piece. They didn't even toss the crap out of other gear like usual (What is it about a dive knife in checked luggage that fascinates them so?)

In Oahu I liked the MAHI an artificial reef/wreck off the West Coast. You dive it out of Waianae.

A few years ago I saw a Hawaiian shop online that advertised Draeger Dolphins for rent but when I showed up the next week they said they had forgotten to take it off the website. Maybe things have improved since then.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: KISS travel/RB diving in O'ahu Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by tcascione  View Original Post
    When I flew with my KISS I printed up a page that read
    "ATTENTION TSA This is a a factory manufactured KISS Closed Circuit Technical Scuba Diving Rebreather. There are no scrubber chemicals or compressed gasses in this luggage. I am available to answer any questions about this device."
    I printed my cell phone number in large type and copied my Driver's license, work ID and CCR Certification Card onto the page and laminated it.

I laid it on top of the KISS and it came through in one piece. They didn't even toss the crap out of other gear like usual (What is it about a dive knife in checked luggage that fascinates them so?)

In Oahu I liked the MAHI an artificial reef/wreck off the West Coast. You dive it out of Waianae.

A few years ago I saw a Hawaiian shop online that advertised Draeger Dolphins for rent but when I showed up the next week they said they had forgotten to take it off the website. Maybe things have improved since then.
    Great Thinking, Good Call!

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member pensacoladiver will become famous soon enough pensacoladiver will become famous soon enough pensacoladiver will become famous soon enough pensacoladiver's Avatar
    Revo III

RB diving in O'ahu Hawaii ..

Just saw this post. We have been talking via email. If I'm in town, I will show you the good spots around 200 feet.

If the weather is good on the east side, we can do Moku Manu. It's only about 80 feet, but its got 2 awesome caves.

Might be diving the Fort Lauderdale area then, but if not, let's dive.

I have to agree with at least one of the high pressure used car salesmen out here. The more I hear/deal with them the more I tend to totally dislike them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

Hi everybody, I'm also looking for a good Hawaii get away using my Inspiration unit since I'm sort of getting a little bored of wearing drysuits and like to wear something like a wetsuit for a change.

RBW Member pensacoladiver will become famous soon enough pensacoladiver will become famous soon enough pensacoladiver will become famous soon enough pensacoladiver's Avatar
    Revo III

RB diving in O'ahu Hawaii ..

Where are you now Roy and when are you thinking of coming out?

My bestest dive buddy out here is on an AP. I don't hold it against him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member Dr. Lecter is an unknown quantity at this point Dr. Lecter's Avatar
    rEvo II

Quote Originally Posted by pensacoladiver  View Original Post
    Where are you now Roy and when are you thinking of coming out?

My bestest dive buddy out here is on an AP. I don't hold it against him.
    I see that in response to the guy wanting to dive sans drysuit...you don't mention you refuse to get in the water out here without a drysuit

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

Alright. I have a mokulele credit I need to burn up and have yet to log a dive with another ccr diver in hawaii. Keep me posted. Maybe ill shoot over and meet some fellow silent divers. Dr. Lecter. Didnt you just get a rEvo? I think Jason from Ocean Edge has been over there a lot doing training with a group on the base. Whos got a dpv? Im ready to get out of the sticks and into the big city;)

RBW Member Dr. Lecter is an unknown quantity at this point Dr. Lecter's Avatar
    rEvo II

Quote Originally Posted by AQUANOMAD  View Original Post
    Alright. I have a mokulele credit I need to burn up and have yet to log a dive with another ccr diver in hawaii. Keep me posted. Maybe ill shoot over and meet some fellow silent divers. Dr. Lecter. Didnt you just get a rEvo? I think Jason from Ocean Edge has been over there a lot doing training with a group on the base. Whos got a dpv? Im ready to get out of the sticks and into the big city;)
    Yep, just bought a rEvo II mini and did my training with Jason out here. I'm loving how it pairs up with my Genesis 600, even though the lack of kicking and added dive time is requiring me to start wearing a wetsuit and seriously consider taking my drysuit out of the closet. Chad's on a rEvo/Magnus and Chris is on an AP/Genesis 600.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter  View Original Post
    Yep, just bought a rEvo II mini and did my training with Jason out here. I'm loving how it pairs up with my Genesis 600, even though the lack of kicking and added dive time is requiring me to start wearing a wetsuit and seriously consider taking my drysuit out of the closet. Chad's on a rEvo/Magnus and Chris is on an AP/Genesis 600.
    Glad I went with a Gen 600 too.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2