+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: kinda cheap video lights

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

kinda cheap video lights

Since I don't do much video, I did not want to spend a bunch of money on lights. I looked for a cheaper solution and here is what I came up with. I have only tested two lights so far. I will test all four here soon and report. so far, it's encouraging. I am still experimenting with diffusers as well, that's the reason for the tape to hold them in place. I found some glass MR11 style diffusers online that are the right size and want to try them. any suggestions in this department are welcome.

1) 4 Chinese made 4000 lumen (ha! maybe 2000 at best) led lights- from
    EBay- $164

2) 8 Orbitronic (Panasonic cells) 18650 batteries. I tried the cheap
    Trustfire batts but got only 20 to 25 mins burn time. the Orbitronics
    get about 1 hr 15 mins.- $140

3) 2 base adaptors from Reef Photo- $44

4) 4 conduit clamps from Home Depot- $2.56

5) 1 2 X 2 acrylic light diffuser panel from Home Depot- $6.50

6) Trustfire battery charger- $16

Total Investment- under $400

couple of pics

a link to some video shot with two of the lights in place. camera is a Sony NEX 5N

Hydro 12-24-13 - YouTube
    Attached Images

RBW Member Hk101gr is on a distinguished road Hk101gr is on a distinguished road Hk101gr's Avatar
    Megalodon

Re: kinda cheap video lights

Do you have the ebay link to the lights?
    Looks promising. Let us know how it turns out.

Dimitris

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Hk101gr  View Original Post
    Do you have the ebay link to the lights?
    Looks promising. Let us know how it turns out.

Dimitris

here you go

4000 Lumen CREE XM L T6 LED Underwater Diving LED Flashlight LED Torch US | eBay

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    I did not want to spend a bunch of money on lights. I looked for a cheaper solution and here is what I came up with.
    Geez Jeff- talk about confirming the the stereotype!

All joking aside-

Another source for inexpensive LED light bodies & components (and ENDLESS other useless junk) is:

Cheap Flashlights, LED Flashlights/ Torches, Headlamps, Bike Lights & Lasers on Sale - DX

ULTRA cheap. They ship from Hong Kong mostly. Prices include air mail shipping. Can take from 2 to 5 weeks. I strongly recommend using PayPal option unless you're comfy w/ your credit card number floating around China....

Ken
    Last edited by Skipbreather; 11th January 2014 at 18:23.

RBW Member TONY CHANEY is an unknown quantity at this point TONY CHANEY's Avatar
    NONE

Thanks for the video...very well done to include the music selection. So what material did you use to diffuse the light and are you using all four in the video?

RBW Member Fldvr is an unknown quantity at this point Fldvr's Avatar

Wow, nice job on the quad conversion Jeff, hopefully you can test them out soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Skipbreather  View Original Post
    Geez Jeff- talk about confirming the the stereotype!

All joking aside-

Another source for inexpensive LED light bodies & components (and ENDLESS other useless junk) is:

Cheap Flashlights, LED Flashlights/ Torches, Headlamps, Bike Lights & Lasers on Sale - DX

ULTRA cheap. They ship from Hong Kong mostly. Prices include air mail shipping. Can take from 2 to 5 weeks. I strongly recommend using PayPal option unless you're comfy w/ your credit card number floating around China....

Ken
    Ken times is tough, man! in contract negotiations.

Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Fldvr  View Original Post
    Wow, nice job on the quad conversion Jeff, hopefully you can test them out soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Monday

Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by TONY CHANEY  View Original Post
    Thanks for the video...very well done to include the music selection. So what material did you use to diffuse the light and are you using all four in the video?
    Tom using only two lights in that video and for now, using an acrylic panel piece designed originally for florescent light panels. I am going to try glass diffusers designed for MR 11 halogen bulbs next

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

"I am going to try glass diffusers designed for MR 11 halogen bulbs next"

I know a guy that used a Pringle lid as a diffuser, opaque I think. Might work depending of dia.

Al

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast