+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diving the Labyrinth on Nat Geo

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Diving the Labyrinth on Nat Geo

I just watched this on Nat Geo where a team of divers dive the Blue Holes in the Bahamas in search of archeological remains and answers. What an amazing place!!

Even more amazing when describing the use of rebreathers for cave diving Jill Heinerth commented that "1 in 10 rebreather divers die whilst diving them".

I know there are significantly more rebreather deaths compared to normal Open Circuit diving but 1 in 10 seems a tad exaggerated.

Diving The Labyrinth | National Geographic Channel

Still worth watching if it's airing.

Regards,

Lance

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Diving the Labyrinth on Nat Geo

This was aired a while ago and I remember people questioning that figure at the time. I think she is right that these are complex pieces of equipment that need to be monitored constantly. She says "AS many as 1 in 10.."

I don't necessarily believe the numbers are as high as 1 in 10 but I do believe the numbers are much higher than open circuit when comparing the total number of deaths to total number of users.

I really enjoyed the show and have it DVR'd. I was actually watching it (for like the 40-50th time) the day of Wes Skiles death which I found out on a commercial break while reading a forum. Tragic. I didn't know him personally but the irony of the whole thing blew my mind a bit as I would have really liked to have met him.

Garth

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Re: Diving the Labyrinth on Nat Geo