+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USS Oriskany

Lee Thompson dragerdiver is an unknown quantity at this point dragerdiver's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Dolphin, Ray

USS Oriskany

I am driving down to Florida, on April 4th and 5th. What are the conditioning usually like on the O? Is there any one else available on that week end to dive?
    I am open to other ideas if the conditions are less than ideal.

Thanks
    Lee

RBW Member Kitcarson is an unknown quantity at this point Kitcarson's Avatar
    Meg

Re: USS Oriskany

The east coast of Fla might offer you more diving with less boat travel, more wrecks and a much better cost per trip. There is great diving that I know of from Stuart to Miami. Just my 2 cents.

RBW Member mike6043 is an unknown quantity at this point mike6043's Avatar
    none

Quote Originally Posted by dragerdiver  View Original Post
    I am driving down to Florida, on April 4th and 5th. What are the conditioning usually like on the O? Is there any one else available on that week end to dive?
    I am open to other ideas if the conditions are less than ideal.

Thanks
    Lee
    March/April Viz is sometimes 100ft+

RBW Member mike6043 is an unknown quantity at this point mike6043's Avatar
    none

If you want to dive the O. The guy to talk to is wackumstackum on Pensacola fishing forum. He dives an inspo... Seems like he is there several times a month.

RBW Member jburton has a little shameless behaviour in the past jburton's Avatar
    Prism 2 and Optima 2

Bryan(whackumstackum) is a frequent visitor to the O. I can tell you that the conditions will and can vary wildly from day to day on the "O" I have a 35ft cat that dives out of Pensacola and Destin. It's hard to predict where/if we are going out definitively even 24 hours prior. Things happen fast in the Gulf! I have 5 regulars that are Rebreather divers that share fuel. If we are going out you are more than welcome to join us. Water should be in the upper 60's to mid 70's. Viz can vary from 20-200. We are very fortunate to have great diving here with an abundance of wrecks available from either of the passes. Excellent spear fishing as well.

Capt. Jack
    Facebook.com/nautikat

+ Reply to Thread