+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cocos.. the best CCR-only trip I ever did!

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Cocos.. the best CCR-only trip I ever did!

hi all,

I just returned from a fabulous trip to Cocos Island.

Organised with the UnderseaHunter Group, a full CCR only trip, with even the diveguides on CCR!

The big thing: they understood what CCR divers want!

You can imagine we had a blast

Enjoy the trip:

All you see on the video happened during our 7 days diving....

cheers
    Paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp's Avatar

Re: Cocos.. the best CCR-only trip I ever did!

Thanks for sharing!

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Thanks for sharing and thanks god, there was a Meg on board

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    Thanks for sharing and thanks god, there was a Meg on board
    well.. actually 2!! besides a Kiss and 17 rEvo's
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    well.. actually 2!! besides a Kiss and 17 rEvo's
    God, I bet the collective rEvo smugness was unbearable for the poor Meg buggers ;)

Great video, Id love to go there! Glad you all had a blast

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hi Paul and the gang,

The word Amazing is what truly comes to mind when watching this beauty unfold. Truly amazing and magical.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Truly an amazing experience! Of course Revo superiority ruled! For us, all the dives were awesome but there were 3 really magical dives: 1) first encounter with Tiger sharks; 2) Dolphins feeding in a huge school of bigeye jacks; 3) the Halcyon dive site with the endless school of scalloped hammerheads.

Also we learned that the dolphins were not actually feeding on the jacks themselves.... but chasing the ones with a full belly to induce regurgitation and feed on that... weird, but cool to watch.

The experience with Undersea Hunter was one of the best for a live aboard rebreather trip. Highly recommend it!

Many, many thanks to Paul for having put this trip together!!!! Wonderful destination, wonderful live aboard, wonderful group.

BTW, on one dive, Paul got charged twice by a big, upset Galapagos shark.......... I swear i saw ISC tattooed on the side of that shark!
    Last edited by swadiver; 3rd December 2013 at 00:23.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    Truly an amazing experience! Of course Revo superiority ruled! For us, all the dives were awesome but there were 3 really magical dives: 1) first encounter with Tiger sharks; 2) Dolphins feeding in a huge school of bigeye jacks; 3) the Halcyon dive site with the endless school of scalloped hammerheads.

Also we learned that the dolphins were not actually feeding on the jacks themselves.... but chasing the ones with a full belly to induce regurgitation and feed on that... weird, but cool to watch.

The experience with Undersea Hunter was one of the best for a live aboard rebreather trip. Highly recommend it!

Many, many thanks to Paul for having put this trip together!!!! Wonderful destination, wonderful live aboard, wonderful group.

BTW, on one dive, Paul got charged twice by a big, upset Galapagos shark.......... I swear i saw ISC tattooed on the side of that shark!
    Hi Jeff,

Is it really true about the tattoo on the shark, I guess there marketing underwater nowadays...
    Chett. L

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post

Hello swadiver, glad you all had such a great experience, and thanks for the very cool factoid about the dolphins and jacks. Do you know if Paul was shooting with a camera when the Galapagos shark charged him? -Andy

rEvo's daddy
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Do you know if Paul was shooting with a camera when the Galapagos shark charged him? -Andy
    well actually I used the camera to push the shark away from me: it happend just after jumping in, I was the first and alone in the water.
    on the first 'touch' the camera was not running, the shark bumped on the camera in front of me
    then I start the camera, few seconds later the shark turns and comes again, I hold the camera low, and the shark even goes under my camera and then turns...
    passes a few more times close, then more divers in the water etc, so more distance

hart beat went up a bit
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com