+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scuba Diving and Coronary Artery Disease

www.AddHelium.com Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium's Avatar

Scuba Diving and Coronary Artery Disease

A great article from Rebreather Instructor Dr. Doug Ebersole, on Scuba Diving and Coronary Artery Disease.

It is estimated that there are about 3 million certified scuba divers in the United States. A large number of these individuals are middle-aged or older and at risk for coronary artery disease. Cardiovascular disease is the third most common cause of death while diving and remains the principal cause of death in the general population. The development of symptoms of angina, pulmonary edema, or sudden cardiac death underwater carries with it a much higher mortality than would the same event on land. This article will review the workloads related to scuba diving, ways to assess risk in those with or at risk of developing coronary artery disease, and make recommendations to make scuba diving safer. Read more...
    www.AddHelium.com

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

Re: Scuba Diving and Coronary Artery Disease

Very interesting read. Being a older diver (64) the more information a person can get the better. Did the Framingham test and had a score of 5 so that was a little reassuring.
    Hope to be doing the diving I'm doing for many more years. But always have it in the back of my mind, that I'm not getting any younger.

Al

RBW Member Majete is an unknown quantity at this point Majete's Avatar

Re: Scuba Diving and Coronary Artery Disease

Great article. I´d like to read something about pacemakers.

+ Reply to Thread