+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Monterey rebreather divers

RBW Member AdrianSmith is an unknown quantity at this point AdrianSmith's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Looking for Monterey rebreather divers

Mornin' all. I've recently moved to Monterey, CA from the Puget Sound and I'm looking for other rebreather divers in the area. I dive a Hollis Prism2 with a TDI MOD 2 cert. I plan on doing my mixed gas course (the 200' one) in March. Been diving OC for 25 years with a few thousand dives in my logbooks.

Anyone out there?

Thanks!
    -Adrian

John H Hanzl johnnyh is an unknown quantity at this point johnnyh's Avatar
    rEvo Micro III

Sentinel Expedition Travel

You may want to ping George Peterson, DSO at Monterey Bay Aquarium. He's a great guy and has a great team of divers - staff and vols. He's probably at DEMA right now (my first year not going in many years, as I'm prepping for a long trip), but if you want drop me a PM and I'll ping him.

John
    John Hanzl

Author, Out of Hell's Kitchen
    www.outofhellskitchen.com

RBW Member ERM is an unknown quantity at this point ERM's Avatar
    N/A

Re: Looking for Monterey rebreather divers

I dive with a group of three other RB divers locally. 2 on Hollis P2, one Meg and one Inspo. usually out diving every weekend. Sometimes mid week on Phil Sammet's RIB. PM me. You are welcome to join.

Eric

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RBW Member AdrianSmith is an unknown quantity at this point AdrianSmith's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Thanks everyone. I'm out of town at the moment but I'll PM you this week and try and arrange something.

-Adrian

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Adrian, have you been in contact with Seven Seas? Go show off your RB and have Billy run a class. I would love to come down and dive Monterey.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Hollis Prism2

Hi Dave!

Billy isn't at Seven Seas any more. The current manager is Dave Stover. He's MKVI instructor certified and says he wants to carry the Prism2 and the Explorer but that they're difficult to get right now.

You're welcome to come diving here if you like. As for teaching here that'd be great. Want to run the MOD II class down here? :)

-Adrian

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyh  View Original Post
    You may want to ping George Peterson, DSO at Monterey Bay Aquarium. He's a great guy and has a great team of divers - staff and vols. He's probably at DEMA right now (my first year not going in many years, as I'm prepping for a long trip), but if you want drop me a PM and I'll ping him.

John

That Aquarium is amazing.

I realy wanted to get some diving in in Mantery Bay but they wouldn't let me dive without a proper signed log book My VR3 downloads wern't accepted

I'd still like to go back and dive that area. The Kelp forests looked amazing and I was told theres good wreck diving too.

ATB

Mark

Hollis Prism2

Mark - wrecks here? Really ? The California state wreck database lists a number of vessels sunk in Monterey Bay but that's a 6,100 square mile area. Everyone I know at the dive shops down here says there are no wrecks in this area at all.

Do you have any sources for info on wrecks in Monterey Bay? Thanks!

-Adrian

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianSmith  View Original Post
    Mark - wrecks here? Really ? The California state wreck database lists a number of vessels sunk in Monterey Bay but that's a 6,100 square mile area. Everyone I know at the dive shops down here says there are no wrecks in this area at all.

Do you have any sources for info on wrecks in Monterey Bay? Thanks!

-Adrian

I havent dived there so just going on hear say.

Its a while ago (2002) I went out there as we were thinking of mooving out to the USA and I wanted to check out the diving. I seem to remember the dive shop I went too was on a road parrallel to the beech where the aquariam is based. I think there was a car parking area in front of the beech and facing the sea the Aquarium was on my left and so was the dive centre.

I went in to ask about doing some diving and I was sure they said they had wrecks in the 50-70m depth range

I tried to book some diving but was refused because I couldent produce a log book only my VR3. They would let me do recreational diving but not a mix dive.

Thats about all I can offer.

ATB

Mark

Hollis Prism2

That sounds like Seven Seas from your description. I wonder what wrecks they were talking about. There's an "Amtrack" LVT (Landing Vehicle Tracked) and a sailboat off Del Monte Beach but neither is deeper than 8m/25'. There are two more LVT's at Lover's Point at 25m/80'.

I wouldn't really call any of those "wrecks", but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the info!

-Adrian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast