+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 02 fills

RBW Member bodieboy is an unknown quantity at this point bodieboy's Avatar
    inspiration vision

02 fills

Hi having just completed my mod 1 course and getting ready to dive back home got my 02 filled to find it had 160 bar in the 3ltr bottle (vision inspiration unit) is this normal or should I expect the same as a standard air fill in my 3 ltr pony please remember im new to this game so no questions are dumb only dumb answers

cheers

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Re: 02 fills

Well, there are no stupid questions, but somewhere during your MOD1 you should have discussed filling techniques.

Never mind. There are two kinds when it comes to O2 filling.

Partial pressure filling, wich means you simply connect your 2/3 litres rB tank to a big J tank (50 litres) which when new, is pressurized to 200 BAR.

So, with an empty 3L and a full 50L 200 BAR you end up with

50x200/53 = 188 BAR, then next will have 50x188/53.. you get it.
    Then you normally have like three tanks where you use them in order to fill up to as high end pressure as possible. But you can never get more pressure than the highest tank.

The other way is to have a booster, which compress the O2 and fill you tank to, well 200 BAR is the standard.

You have 3L and 160 bar, that is 480 litres of O2. Which means a divetime around 300 minutes with an average consumption of 1.5 lpm. But stick to your scrubber duration.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Its normal if they dont have a booster but its only acceptable if they charge by the ltr and not by the fill.

CCR is begging for Js and a booster at home

One J 02 one of diluient and a paint compressor to run the booster. An expensive initial outlay but it will change your diving life :D

ATB

Mark

RBW Member Paul S is on a distinguished road Paul S is on a distinguished road Paul S's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini hCCR

As people have said, it's the difference between pumping and decanting gas.

It's for this reason, and the fact that it saves on trips to the shop, that I have a 15l cylinder which I keep O2 in. I then just decant in my O2 bottle from that. The first fill was pricey, but as I'm paying per litre I just get it topped up when convenient. Plus, it allows me to make nitrox mixes for bail-out, and it can also go on the boat with me and serve as my supply, or emergency O2 if anyone needs it.

Biggest pain is when it's been a year, you've still got 100bar left in it, and the shop want to drain it to clean the thing, otherwise they won't fill it.

That's when you need a friend with an O2 clean pump.

+ Reply to Thread