+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else give their rebreather a name??

Mesophotic Science Diver NoBubblesNoTroubles is an unknown quantity at this point NoBubblesNoTroubles's Avatar
    Prism2

Explorer, PoseidonMKVI, Titan

Cool Did anyone else give their rebreather a name??

Hey guys!

Call this childish (I did just leave my teens..) but I am trying to think of a name for my Prism 2! Before you judge me too much, I want to give my unit a name because it will have add sentimental value to the rebreather. It's sorta like a pet, if you give your dog a name you're more likely to take care of it. At least, that's my humble opinion.

I'm curious, did anyone else out their give their rebreather a name? I'm having a bit of a creative block and can't think of a good one for mine. It has to be cool though , was thinking of something Greek like Maximus, Tyrannus or "Yves" (as an ode to Jacques Cousteau). What did you call yours? Any suggestions for me?
    Thank you, can't wait to read these responses!! :)

Dive different. cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

Re: Did anyone else give their rebreather a name??

Quote Originally Posted by NoBubblesNoTroubles  View Original Post
    Any suggestions for me?
    Yes. "Charlene." (Borrowed from the movie Full Metal Jacket).

RBW Member MeRodent will become famous soon enough MeRodent will become famous soon enough MeRodent will become famous soon enough MeRodent's Avatar
    rEvo micro FT

Did anyone else give their rebreather a name??

Kulani? Named after your local prism/prison maybe?

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

If your Rebreather sexually arouses you that is merely a fetish.

When you no longer can become sexually aroused without a rebreather, that's a disorder.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

When i had a hammer head / Inspo I called it that "fu@king heap of s#it"

Which was both accurate and theraputic :DF

ATB

Mark

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

"The Divorcemaker"

Nils Möllerström nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Nope. I'm not in love with it, I just use it as a tool/machine.

From what I have seen i debates in this forum and others, far too many people are in love with their rebreather of choice. Naming it could be regarded as a step in that direction (falling in love) and should therefore be avoided, IMHO.

/nils

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by nilmol  View Original Post
    Nope. I'm not in love with it, I just use it as a tool/machine.

From what I have seen i debates in this forum and others, far too many people are in love with their rebreather of choice. Naming it could be regarded as a step in that direction (falling in love) and should therefore be avoided, IMHO.

/nils
    Amen that man if i could do the dives i do on OC for £15 with the safety margin of CCR and no gas logistics issues, I'd sell my CCR in a heartbeet

Why any one would want one that dosent need one, still baffels me in the same way as people who spend millions on a chunk of rock to wear on their finger which 99.99% people couldent tell from cut zerconium

But then i desperatly want a Ferarri and that baffeles a lot of people.

ATB

All The Gear, No Idea windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller's Avatar

My sentinel is called aaargh, my back!....always rolls off the tongue when I put it on...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

RBW Member matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane's Avatar
    Evolution+

Inspo Vision, Inspo Classic

Never named my unit but did hear of someone, (cant remember who/where), who named there rebreather "Cato" after the man servant who was always sneaking up on Peter Sellers and trying to do him harm

I actually thought it was a pretty good name for a rebreather .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast