+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Override depth limitation with CMF.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Re: Re: Override depth limitation with CMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Abbotson  View Original Post
    Needle valve is easy to use either set for max depth or adjust on the fly to minimize deco. After a few hours practice it is no great task loading.
    Can you explain adjusting on the fly to minimize deco?????

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

Re: Override depth limitation with CMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor P  View Original Post

I can.

Keep PO2 optimal at all times, without the variations you get when adding O2 manually ( or when waiting to add)

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Re: Override depth limitation with CMF.B-)

No such thing as zero task loading with a CCR, with an eCCR you are supposed to monitor the electronics all the time to make sure they are functioning correctly and O2 sensors reading correctly (if they are not then the electronics are worth nothing).................
    Thanks. I never knew that!

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

already answered....you can keep a nice constant ppO2 on the ascent phase and also increase in the shallows to reduce deco...of course this will only work with computer with O2 monitoring for deco...when on set points you can just keep it slightly above the set point to be on the safe side.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Quote Originally Posted by jlovold  View Original Post
    I can.

Keep PO2 optimal at all times, without the variations you get when adding O2 manually ( or when waiting to add)
    Ahh, yes, I understood completely different.

But still, how do you manage to keep PO2 optimal (stable) without variations as they are not that much result of manual adition but more result of changes in depth....

already answered....you can keep a nice constant ppO2 on the ascent phase and also increase in the shallows to reduce deco...of course this will only work with computer with O2 monitoring for deco...when on set points you can just keep it slightly above the set point to be on the safe side.
    What is different than with CMF? Yes you can vary with flow and track changes in your metabolic consumption of O2, but can you overcome variations from changes in depth.
    I dive CMF, and never dived needle valve.... so my questions... I same use computer with O2 monitoring for the deco.
    Last edited by Igor P; 21st September 2013 at 12:22.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by jlovold  View Original Post
    I can.

In the real world the difference is so minimal as to make no difference.

Needle valves are good, they dont need 'spin' to sell them

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

Ahh, yes, I understood completely different.

But still, how do you manage to keep PO2 optimal (stable) without variations as they are not that much result of manual adition but more result of changes in depth....

What is different than with CMF? Yes you can vary with flow and track changes in your metabolic consumption of O2, but can you overcome variations from changes in depth.
    I dive CMF, and never dived needle valve.... so my questions... I same use computer with O2 monitoring for the deco.
    The mass flow rate of O2 through the needle valve will increase at 1% per metre down to 90m and then slightly less after that for any given setting. This is with a standard depth compensating O2 2nd stage.
    You can set the needle valve at the start so it gives the correct flow rate at your normal work rate at the maximum depth of the dive OR you can close the needle valve down as you descend. On ascent you do the opposite and open the needle valve up to increase O2 flow.
    A practical example here would be I am swimming around at the bottom or on an ascent and stop to take a photo (or a stationary deco stop) in this case I just close the needle valve a tadge.

TR300c (mCCR)

The mass flow rate of O2 through the needle valve will increase at 1% per metre down to 90m and then slightly less after that for any given setting. This is with a standard depth compensating O2 2nd stage.
    You can set the needle valve at the start so it gives the correct flow rate at your normal work rate at the maximum depth of the dive OR you can close the needle valve down as you descend. On ascent you do the opposite and open the needle valve up to increase O2 flow.
    A practical example here would be I am swimming around at the bottom or on an ascent and stop to take a photo (or a stationary deco stop) in this case I just close the needle valve a tadge.
    I think I still did not get answer on my question which was:

"But still, how do you manage to keep PO2 optimal (stable) without variations as they are not that much result of manual adition but more result of changes in depth...."

Everything else I agree and know from before.... but this (in my question above) I can't understand how it would defer from CMF.

Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

I think I still did not get answer on my question which was:

"But still, how do you manage to keep PO2 optimal (stable) without variations as they are not that much result of manual adition but more result of changes in depth...."

Everything else I agree and know from before.... but this (in my question above) I can't understand how it would defer from CMF.
    Its really no different from a fixed orifice, it just that it is an adjustable fixed orifice...you basically use the same amount of oxygen at depth as you do on the surface...the PPO2 is kept stable by addition of diluent during descent to keep the loop volume constant. Main advantage of a needle valve is its not depth limited like a CMF with a fixed IP first stage (basically limited to approx 80m which is 9 bar thus no flow occurs). So basically the difference is how the first stage is used in conjunction with the feed system.

RBW Member michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madvic  View Original Post
    Mike, precisely the idea that I propose is zero task!!! You dive with pre-sets adjustments and behaves like the CMF.
    zero task as in not continually adjusting a needle valve , thats a personal choice , not zero tasking as on the rebreather as a whole thats not going to happen ,lets have no misunderstandings on that point .a CMF or needle valve isnt nessasary on an eccr,it just assists working along side the solenoid , a silent partner so to speak
    mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast