+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hollis 500SE Side-Exhaust Reg

www.AddHelium.com Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium's Avatar

Hollis 500SE Side-Exhaust Reg

The new Hollis 500SE side-exhaust reg is here and looks pretty sweet. We will be diving it and posting a review shortly.

Hollis 500SE Side Exhaust Regulator

www.AddHelium.com

RBW Member Gregm is an unknown quantity at this point Gregm's Avatar
    Poseidon MKVI Discovery

Hollis Prism II

Re: Hollis 500SE Side-Exhaust Reg

I Dived with the 500SE on the weekend and this is a great Regulator. I have several other Side Breathers and they all breath wet most of the time. The 500SE seems to have solved this problem by repositioning the Exhaust Port so that it is pointed in a downward position when you are in the horizontal or upright positions. I also tried a few other angles just to see how it would behave and for the most part the 500SE stayed dry. Big improvement on the other Side Regs I own and dive. The Other big Upside for those people who travel a lot, is the overall weight of the combined First and second stage. Very light. When fitted to a Stage bottle or being used for Side Mounting, everything can be tucked in nice and flat against the bottle. Overall this is a fantastic Reg.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Hollis 500SE Side-Exhaust Reg

Quote Originally Posted by Gregm  View Original Post
    I Dived with the 500SE on the weekend and this is a great Regulator. I have several other Side Breathers and they all breath wet most of the time. The 500SE seems to have solved this problem by repositioning the Exhaust Port so that it is pointed in a downward position when you are in the horizontal or upright positions. I also tried a few other angles just to see how it would behave and for the most part the 500SE stayed dry. Big improvement on the other Side Regs I own and dive. The Other big Upside for those people who travel a lot, is the overall weight of the combined First and second stage. Very light. When fitted to a Stage bottle or being used for Side Mounting, everything can be tucked in nice and flat against the bottle. Overall this is a fantastic Reg.
    Nice review, thanks for posting.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread