+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Light monkey vs Green-force quadristar ti

RBW Member bmwgsboy will become famous soon enough bmwgsboy will become famous soon enough bmwgsboy will become famous soon enough bmwgsboy's Avatar
    rEVO rms

Insp, Meg

Light monkey vs Green-force quadristar ti

I'm wanting to try the new LM Ccr light also looking at the new GF.
    Has anybody compared both?? LM has 1100 lumens GF has close too 2000,
    LM is a single led with non focus GF has 4 led with focus. Witch technology is better? Thanks in advance.

RBW Member FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler's Avatar
    Optima

Re: Light monkey vs Green-force quadristar ti

I thought witch technology involved a broom stick

RBW Member bmwgsboy will become famous soon enough bmwgsboy will become famous soon enough bmwgsboy will become famous soon enough bmwgsboy's Avatar
    rEVO rms

Insp, Meg

Quote Originally Posted by FergusButler  View Original Post
    I thought witch technology involved a broom stick
    Which. Happy now.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Couple items.....

1) You might want to look at the LM site... They have a new 26w LED that puts out 1700 "L".... I will be diving one this weekend...

Light Monkey

2) You may want to also consider the after the sale service that the company provided as part of any decision making process. Corey, Joel and the team are amazing in the support that they provide and have been that way from day "1"....

Am I a little biased? Yup.... but I have been diving their stuff for a couple years and this will be an upgrade from my 21W LM LED that has operated flawlessly....

Dive Safe!

Mark
    Last edited by diverklondike; 12th July 2013 at 18:00.

rEVO rms

Insp, Meg

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    Couple items.....

1) You might want to look at the LM site... They have a new 26w LED that puts out 1700 "L".... I will be diving one this weekend...

Light Monkey

2) You may want to also consider the after the sale service that the company provided as part of any decision making process. Corey, Joel and the team are amazing in the support that they provide and have been that way from day "1"....

Am I a little biased? Yup.... but I have been diving their stuff for a couple years and this will be an upgrade from my 21W LM LED that has operated flawlessly....

Dive Safe!

Mark
    Wish they made the 26w with the same battery has the Ccr light with on/off head.

Stevie Tippetts Stevie Tippetts is an unknown quantity at this point Stevie Tippetts's Avatar
    Defender

Sentinel, Evo+, rEvo, PF

+ 1 for LM. I'm not going anywhere else after the outstanding service they provided to me last week.

RBW Member scubamoody is an unknown quantity at this point scubamoody's Avatar
    Cis Lunar Mk6

Light monkey vs Green-force quadristar ti

I think they both make a good product, I like the lightmonkey's a lot, I have a greenforce I am very happy with it. Most of my dive buddies use Light Monkey's and so i have had a chance to use them too. With regards to repairs and such for the greenforce I can't comment as in 3 years it has never had anything go wrong, I use it for caves, wrecks, and it has seen much travel. The only customer service interaction I had with them was great, I went on a cave trip to Florida, I forgot my charger, I emailed the greenforce rep and they put me in touch with Wayne at Amigos and loaned me a charger for the week. It couldn't have been more hassle free for a problem of my own creation. I think the bottom line with it is they are both good products, there might be things you like better about one more than the other and so go with that. A lot of good lights out on the market at the moment, if I was buying right now I would also have to give Underwater Light Dude some strong consideration as well.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Have you had a focusable light in the past? Did you ever change the focus? Do you really need to? If the focus capability is important, then you've made your choice. I thought MB-Sub was the only one with a focusable LED at this point and I'm surprised the technology hasn't been adopted more. Good to see at least one company joining in.

If you don't have a need to change focus, then I'd probably stick with LM if you've narrowed it down to just those 2. No need to add more technology and gizmos if you don't need it.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by scubamoody  View Original Post
    , if I was buying right now I would also have to give Underwater Light Dude some strong consideration as well.
    Buddy just introduced me to uwld recently and I hope to try one. I've also had great experience with LM.

I just really enjoy my 25 watt Hydrolight more & more with the Pinocchio benefit!

+ Reply to Thread