+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebreather MKVI O2 Solenoid Valves

RBW Member icejock is an unknown quantity at this point icejock's Avatar
    POSEIDON MKV1

Rebreather MKVI O2 Solenoid Valves

Hi folks

Can anyone provide information on O2 solenoid valves requiring the need to be re-seated, on the Poseidon MKV1? I have heard on the grapevine that parts need to be replaced with ceramic so as not to cause friction and the possibility of an O2 fire.

Cheers

icejock

RBW Member Diveratt is on a distinguished road Diveratt is on a distinguished road Diveratt's Avatar
    Poseidon mk6

Re: Rebreather MKVI O2 Solenoid Valves

Quote Originally Posted by icejock  View Original Post
    Hi folks

Can anyone provide information on O2 solenoid valves requiring the need to be re-seated, on the Poseidon MKV1? I have heard on the grapevine that parts need to be replaced with ceramic so as not to cause friction and the possibility of an O2 fire.

Cheers

icejock
    Hi Ice sorry i cant really help but try the Poseidon section or contact Poseidon direct

Kevin

RBW Member Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry's Avatar
    APD Vision, MKVI/Se7en

I have all my O2 solenoids (3) replaced for different reasons.

Not sure about a fire?

I have had some strange things happen but never a fire. Most have been leaks on the older models.2010/11.

RBW Member icejock is an unknown quantity at this point icejock's Avatar
    POSEIDON MKV1

Thanks for the responses I have had. Poseidon in Sweden closed for two weeks and the USA office closed for two days due to 4th July holiday!

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

Quote Originally Posted by icejock  View Original Post
    Thanks for the responses I have had. Poseidon in Sweden closed for two weeks and the USA office closed for two days due to 4th July holiday!
    afaik the mkvi has had lots of problems with that issue ,,(1 of the reasons i backed out on a user and instructor course) i might revisit it in a year or so after the many teathing problems go away

RBW Member Diveratt is on a distinguished road Diveratt is on a distinguished road Diveratt's Avatar
    Poseidon mk6

Quote Originally Posted by udtabn  View Original Post
    afaik the mkvi has had lots of problems with that issue ,,(1 of the reasons i backed out on a user and instructor course) i might revisit it in a year or so after the many teathing problems go away
    Out I interest what are all these problems with the Poseidon solenoid valves?
    I know one or two people that have had problems but I don't think it's that common.

+ Reply to Thread