+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting confused on scrubber designs

RBW Member Hans Hass is an unknown quantity at this point Hans Hass's Avatar
    Poseidon

Getting confused on scrubber designs

Hi,
    Can someone please assist me?
    I'm getting confused about different scrubber desings and the flow of air.

This is what I figured so far:
    - Axial design travels the gas up or down thru the absorbent.
    - Radial design travels the gas down in the middle and out thru the absorbent.
    - Bi-axial travels the gas down thru the middle turns and travel up thru the absorbent.

But what is Co-axial? Is that the same as radial just with the opposite gas flow or?

And are there more different designs?

Some genies in here?

Thank you.

Dive Addicts Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton's Avatar
    Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo

Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol

Re: Getting confused on scrubber designs

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Hass  View Original Post
    Hi,
    Can someone please assist me?
    I'm getting confused about different scrubber desings and the flow of air.

This is what I figured so far:
    - Axial design travels the gas up or down thru the absorbent.
    - Radial design travels the gas down in the middle and out thru the absorbent.
    - Bi-axial travels the gas down thru the middle turns and travel up thru the absorbent.

But what is Co-axial? Is that the same as radial just with the opposite gas flow or?

And are there more different designs?

Some genies in here?

Thank you.
    Some radial Designs the gas travels outside the scrubber into the internal tube.

RBW Member Hans Hass is an unknown quantity at this point Hans Hass's Avatar
    Poseidon

But thats what I'm asking, is that called co-axial - or?

I think you are making this overly complicated.

There are 2 scrubber types,
    Axial
    Radial

All the other stuff you mention is nothing more than design differences in them. this is all about the path for the gas to travel as it goes through the scrubber. Axial means enters one end and exits the other end. Radial means it flows from center outward or vice versa.

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Getting confused on scrubber designs

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Hass  View Original Post
    But thats what I'm asking, is that called co-axial - or?
    Co-axial will provide suboptimal TV reception. You should really be going HDMI with the rest of us who live in 2013

Dive Addicts Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton's Avatar
    Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo

Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Struckoff  View Original Post
    I think you are making this overly complicated.

There are 2 scrubber types,
    Axial
    Radial

All the other stuff you mention is nothing more than design differences in them. this is all about the path for the gas to travel as it goes through the scrubber. Axial means enters one end and exits the other end. Radial means it flows from center outward or vice versa.
    +1

RBW Member ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garth  View Original Post
    Co-axial will provide suboptimal TV reception. You should really be going HDMI with the rest of us who live in 2013
    Shearwater predator definitely needs HDMI...the screen is so nice.
    Others are fine with coax.

+ Reply to Thread