+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rear mounted counter lungs for inspo

RBW Member wayne k is an unknown quantity at this point wayne k's Avatar
    inspo classic

inspo hammerhead

rear mounted counter lungs for inspo

Just wondering if anyone has got any experiance with these bm counterlungs? Diving Equipment - North East | TDT - Technical Diving Training.
    They look quite neat although flood recovery looks like a no no. They use your own front counter lung inards for parts. Any thoughts?
    There currently listed on a well known auction site, not a bad price tag, was temped to try them.

wayne

RBW Member Erwin is an unknown quantity at this point Erwin's Avatar
    Evolution plus

Re: rear mounted counter lungs for inspo

Hi Wane, I have bought them in the beginning of November 2012 and have had no reason to regret it until now. What I do like about it is the clutterefree chest area. Since both counter lungs have overpressure valves you can dump the water out off them in case the are flooded preferably in an upright position Adding diluent or oxygen is even more convenient than before. The only thing you have to get used to is grabbing back to the overpressure valve in case you have to actuate it. What I like most about it - is the new freedom due to the clutter free chest area. I also have to mention the breath very well! Kind regards, Erwin

RBW Member carlbaldy is an unknown quantity at this point carlbaldy's Avatar
    Inspiration

I have just ordered some and free UK postage.
    Erwin Could you confirm which Bmcl you have please.
    Carl

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Interesting, the seller must have full CE certification and test figures for them and suitable insurance coverage, I've never seen that achieved before! Kudos- the testing alone must have costs tens of thousands.

RBW Member Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    Interesting, the seller must have full CE certification and test figures for them and suitable insurance coverage, I've never seen that achieved before! Kudos- the testing alone must have costs tens of thousands.
    It's sold as a self complete kit, so he doesn't need any of the above.

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave  View Original Post
    Yea & if your competent with a sewing machine you could make your own for less than £20. Nice copy of DT's original idea though

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

rear mounted counter lungs for inspo

They look nice. What keeps them from collapsing at the top of the should as they wrap around?

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave  View Original Post
    Wrong, they are being sold as "counterlungs" says so on webpage and ebay, therefore they are a rebreather loop component and require testing, certification and insurance.

Example- a Kit car isn't a car, it's a lot of boxes but the supplier is insured to sell cars and has to test them to UK/EU regulations even though they sell an incomplete set of parts.

In the UK/EU if you say what something is you have to carry the backup for what you say it is.... if they sold them as twin Camel Back holder they'd be much cheaper to insure

This is the same reason so many wonderful Narked@90 products are Export only and we don't have the Deep Pursuit on the Market anymore- none of them are rebreathers but over here they would need to be tested, certified and insured to the full effect of the possible end use of the part.

RBW Member carlbaldy is an unknown quantity at this point carlbaldy's Avatar
    Inspiration

Here you go more photos.
    https://www.dropbox.com/l/SYrAa7H7VPX45MYjeIu1X8
    he recommends you use two inhale lungs as the position of the Opv on the original bags is not good.
    I stripped out my medium lungs which is what you can see in photo and the blue flapper valve shows position of old Opv and new Opv
    Bobs great to talk to and has put a lot of work into these
    Any questions fire away.
    Carl

RBW Member wayne k is an unknown quantity at this point wayne k's Avatar
    inspo classic

inspo hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by tflaris  View Original Post
    They look nice. What keeps them from collapsing at the top of the should as they wrap around?
    i think the only time this would be a problem is when on the surface the wing is fully inflated and pushing on the lungs, depending on what wing you have as well, i was going to order some, i'll post my experiance with them after i get them installed. wayne

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast