+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Move Diva to exhale side of Bov

Move Diva to exhale side of Bov

I want to move my diva from the inhale to the exhale side of the bov. In the usual configuration the grooved nut has the groove up next to the bov and the diva has a corresponding extrusion which causes it to sit also next to the bov.

When the grooved nut is moved to the exhale side the groove is now on the outside, away from the bov. When the diva is installed it also, because of the groove alignment, sits even more on the outside. Now just barely hanging on.

What is the obvious way to do this that I am missing?

I tried to reverse the diva but that either puts it jammed up against my mask, or sticking way up in front of the bov.

RBW Member SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver's Avatar
    Hammerhead Hybrid

I moved my to the right side and didn't have any trouble. The only drawback is that the LED display is upside down to Kevin's explanation as to the way the deco works. ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361925619.202285.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: Move Diva to exhale side of Bov

Thanks for that however I have the older style diva. I have hopefully attached two pics showing what I am ending up with when I try to mount the diva on the exhale side.

What simple little thing am I missing?
    Attached Images

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Got a friend with a Lathe?
    Take an ungrooved nut, spin it up in the lathe, and cut groove to suit. Usual cost one beer.
    Not got a friend with a lathe? then it'll take you a couple of television programs with a suitable file, or about 10 min with a dremel (hand held grinder) the groove doesn't need to be precise.
    HTH
    Simon A

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

It's Classified

I have not had a problem using it on either side... My dive gear is in FL and I am not so I cant take an pictures for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tpearcy  View Original Post
    I want to move my diva from the inhale to the exhale side of the bov. In the usual configuration the grooved nut has the groove up next to the bov and the diva has a corresponding extrusion which causes it to sit also next to the bov.

When the grooved nut is moved to the exhale side the groove is now on the outside, away from the bov. When the diva is installed it also, because of the groove alignment, sits even more on the outside. Now just barely hanging on.

What is the obvious way to do this that I am missing?

I tried to reverse the diva but that either puts it jammed up against my mask, or sticking way up in front of the bov.

RBW Member SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver's Avatar
    Hammerhead Hybrid

I had not trouble with the that style DIVA either. Here are two pictures of the set up since Marks is in Fl. By the way Mark we got 17 inches of rain in S. Georgia, look out Fl. it runs down hill from here.ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361980175.867046.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361980195.367666.jpg

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Tpearcy,

It appears that you have the older style DIVA holder. (The one that does not accept an o-ring to hold it in place) You might consider buying a new holder (Rev C style) so that you can clip an o-ring on it and I think you will find that it is quite secure that way.

Regards,
    Randy

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Mixaddict  View Original Post
    Tpearcy,

It appears that you have the older style DIVA holder. (The one that does not accept an o-ring to hold it in place) You might consider buying a new holder (Rev C style) so that you can clip an o-ring on it and I think you will find that it is quite secure that way.

Regards,
    Randy
    Your right the oring would seem an improvement from his older design.

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDiver  View Original Post
    I had not trouble with the that style DIVA either. Here are two pictures of the set up since Marks is in Fl. By the way Mark we got 17 inches of rain in S. Georgia, look out Fl. it runs down hill from here.Attachment 30609Attachment 30610

What would you call the cover on your diva and where would you buy one. Someone gave me one that works but is super tight and difficult to remove replace.

Hammerhead Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Garth  View Original Post
    What would you call the cover on your diva and where would you buy one. Someone gave me one that works but is super tight and difficult to remove replace.
    I used the protective end cap off of some (I believe) it was 1 0 cable wire and punched a small hole in it with a paper hole puncher. I know Dive Rite had sold them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast