+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What about the DiveRite Arrow?

RBW Member Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry's Avatar
    APD Vision, MKVI/Se7en

What about the DiveRite Arrow?

Hello Everyone,
    I have a friend who is interested in buying a DiveRite Arrow scooter. I have owned a SS uv 26 and loved it, but not my back!. Any feed back on the Arrow would be useful, as it is currently like new condition but needs battery's.

Couple ?
    1. How does it handle in the water?
    2. What are some of the issues to look for in the unit?
    Any information would be great.

Thanks Garry

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

It's Classified

Re: What about the DiveRite Arrow?

I had one for a whlle.... I had problems trimming it out. It was tail heavy....

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

They originally offered it with one gear ratio, and then there was an an optional upgrade that allowed a higher top end speed. I never had a problem with mine.

The only downside to the unit was that it was very loud in the water.

RBW Member ssk is an unknown quantity at this point ssk's Avatar
    Dolphin, Meg 2.7 Shearwater

Fenzy PO68, Homebuilt

I have one which I'm currently refurbishing to LiFe battery and short HDPE body. I hope to finish this job in a couple of weeks. I will post the results for sharing.

Regarding the heavy tail, I've substituted some alluminum parts like the brackets to delrin and others are planned to be done in the future, but the big target is the shroud which is made of Aluminium and weight 1,4 kg, it would be interesting to find a substitute in carbon fiber

RBW Member laphiloche is an unknown quantity at this point laphiloche's Avatar
    edo 04

Quote Originally Posted by ssk  View Original Post
    Regarding the heavy tail, I've substituted some alluminum parts like the brackets to delrin and others are planned to be done in the future, but the big target is the shroud which is made of Aluminium and weight 1,4 kg, it would be interesting to find a substitute in carbon fiber
    Yes but it's rock solid
    I have 2 of this. I'am ok with all above, but use it regulary without trouble. We just put bigger cable and bigger connexion for the battery.
    SSK, i am very interesting with your upgrade we have a third in a garage with the long body and never use it.
    cheers
    Philippe

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Darwin mCCR, MK15, HH

I just bought brand new one on eBay for $1500, but haven't dived with it yet.. I was also looking online for any parts availability but couldn't find anything
    Arrow was slightly modified version of Farallon MK-8 or 7.. I guess farallon company is out of business now, so chasing some spare parts will be challenging and frustrating :)

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

It's Classified

Quote Originally Posted by nicklinux  View Original Post
    I just bought brand new one on eBay for $1500, but haven't dived with it yet.. I was also looking online for any parts availability but couldn't find anything
    Arrow was slightly modified version of Farallon MK-8 or 7.. I guess farallon company is out of business now, so chasing some spare parts will be challenging and frustrating :)
    actually there is a lot of farallon stuff out there... you may also want to reach out to diverite... lamar may have some stuff laying around...

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Darwin mCCR, MK15, HH

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    actually there is a lot of farallon stuff out there... you may also want to reach out to diverite... lamar may have some stuff laying around...
    That's a good news! I will definitely give diverite a call.. I just need to get spare prop and shaft seal.. The rest is common parts that is usually easy to find. Thanks !

RBW Member laphiloche is an unknown quantity at this point laphiloche's Avatar
    edo 04

Some years ago, i broke my shaft seal with a line during a "limited" visibility return.
    I do the reparation in europe, it's a standard shaft seals.
    If somebody have a solution for a prop i'am interested.
    Cheers
    Philippe

RBW Member ssk is an unknown quantity at this point ssk's Avatar
    Dolphin, Meg 2.7 Shearwater

Fenzy PO68, Homebuilt

Dear Philippe,
    thank you for your interest, I will take some pictures on the next week when shroud paint will be dry and final remounting will be possible.

This project runned for all the winter and now I'm really excited to see the final results in the water.....

By the way, presently my shaft seal is ok but in case do you have the reference details of the one you have used?

All the best,
    Davide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast