+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scandinavian translstion

RBW Member Paul T will become famous soon enough Paul T will become famous soon enough Paul T will become famous soon enough Paul T will become famous soon enough Paul T's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Kiss Classic

Scandinavian translstion

Hi
    I need help translating an English Food Menu into Scandinavian

Is there any Scandinavia Brothers who can read English and so translate into your own language

This is a Restaurant menu

Thanks guys

Paul Towning

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

RBW Member davermo is on a distinguished road davermo is on a distinguished road davermo's Avatar
    Hammerhead Classic CCR

Inspiration Classic, IDA-71

Re: Scandinavian translstion

Please send the link again...
    //Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T  View Original Post
    Hi

Is there any Scandinavia Brothers who can read English and so translate into your own language

Thanks guys

Paul Towning

RBW Member Teppo is an unknown quantity at this point Teppo's Avatar
    Tres Presidentes

Hi

Thanks guys

Paul Towning

Which of the Scandinavian languages you mean? There is more then one of them

Teppo

RBW Member Paul T will become famous soon enough Paul T will become famous soon enough Paul T will become famous soon enough Paul T will become famous soon enough Paul T's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Kiss Classic

Hi
    Not posted a link yet

My friend has just opened a restaurant in Tenerife, spain

Is there a generic written language that all scandanavians can understand

Its just for basic food items that would be on a menue.........such as steak dishes, fish, pasta, rice etc

Needs to be as simple as possible

Appreciate any help

Paul

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Hi
    Not posted a link yet

My friend has just opened a restaurant in Tenerife, spain

Is there a generic written language that all scandanavians can understand

Its just for basic food items that would be on a menue.........such as steak dishes, fish, pasta, rice etc

Needs to be as simple as possible

Appreciate any help

Paul

There is a universal language that most Skandanavians understand, it's called "English" :)

RBW Member izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze's Avatar
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Teppo  View Original Post
    Which of the Scandinavian languages you mean? There is more then one of them

Teppo
    Hi Teppo! There's Swedish, sort of Swedish and those guttural sounds you finns do. Only the first one is a proper language ;)

Are you coming back to Tuna anytime soon by the way Teppo?

/Johan Isaksson

ps: English is fine for at the very least 90% of travelling Scandinavians. The net effect of Scandinavian menus might very well be a loss, I know a lot of people who'll think "that's just too touristy" and go somewhere else when they see signs and menus in Swedish abroad.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by nicothesailer  View Original Post
    There is a universal language that most Skandanavians understand, it's called "English" :)
    LOL - I was in a store in Norway with my Danish wife (ex). Wife was trying to speak Norwegian and the guy responded in perfect english, asking if she spoke english... I immediately jumped in.

Nils Möllerström nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by izze  View Original Post
    Hi Teppo! There's Swedish, sort of Swedish and those guttural sounds you finns do. Only the first one is a proper language ;)

/Johan Isaksson

ps: English is fine for at the very least 90% of travelling Scandinavians. The net effect of Scandinavian menus might very well be a loss, I know a lot of people who'll think "that's just too touristy" and go somewhere else when they see signs and menus in Swedish abroad.

Well,
    True in general terms... however when it comes to special food terms like sirloin, mutton, veal, seabass, raspberry, asparagus and words like this the count is probably down to as little as 15% or less. If you mean that swedes understand a hamburger menu in english you're probably right.

Anyway, I think I might be able to help with a swedish translation.

/nils

RBW Member jukkao is on a distinguished road jukkao is on a distinguished road jukkao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by izze  View Original Post

/Johan Isaksson

Finland is not part of Sweden or Scandinavia.
    Perrrkele. Not guttural but tongue sound!!!

You may hide the finnish meny and use it when needed. Let the Swedish to play as they like.

Coming to Tuna as well... one day...
    How do you translate/explain Tuna as I always think of canned food?

Jukka

RBW Member izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze's Avatar
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by jukkao  View Original Post
    Finland is not part of Sweden or Scandinavia.
    Perrrkele. Not guttural but tongue sound!!!

You may hide the finnish meny and use it when needed. Let the Swedish to play as they like.

Coming to Tuna as well... one day...
    How do you translate/explain Tuna as I always think of canned food?

Jukka
    Tuna should be something similar in meaning to the english word town, I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually the same word exported by our viking forefathers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast