+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bonaire: Meg/Magnus 950

Let's go diving! mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement's Avatar
    Megalodon

Bonaire: Meg/Magnus 950

Megalodon diver looking for like minded buddy for exploration and extended range Bonaire diving.

Let's go diving! mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement's Avatar
    Megalodon

Re: Bonaire: Meg/Magnus 950

On Bonaire through the end of March 2013 and back again for an extended stay in August.
    Have extensively scouted the island for possible entry and exit points, taking into account 200# of rebreather, bailout and scooter gear.
    Best East Coast diving in August and September, but the scooter makes more difficult dives possible during less friendly months.
    Rebreather is a must; scooter optional. Let's go diving!

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

How are you getting your Magnus there with lithium flight restrictions?

Be sure to check out the eddy at the bottom of the island. Red slave to the lighthouse and up the east coast from the lighthouse is pretty sweet. TONNES of big tarpon and schools of large rays.

The double reef system at the 160 foot level is really nice and never dived. From the hooker all the way past invisibles.

Oil slick northward to find the huge pillings and lion fish heaven at 150-160 foot level.

Red slave down to 320.

Karpata heading north ;)

Those were my favorites.

Bonaire is a scooter paradise. I'd put in and head south from anywhere from windsock and bellow. Then 3 hours later I'd get out and my wife would drive along and pick me up at the side of the road. Worked like clock work. I'd love to go again but am putting in a pool this year

Have fun!

Cam
    Last edited by cameron; 6th February 2013 at 10:17.

Megalodon

Hi Cam,

I had the scooter shipped from Florida by the manufacturer, and since I'm here six or seven months of the year I leave it and just travel with my Meg.

I agree, the dives you describe are awesome! I've done all of them over the past few years and I'm over 1000 on the Lionfish count and still having fun. (Even have the wife for shore support.)

Lately I've been branching out from the East Coast Bocas Onima, Spelonk and Washikemba. You can get into virgin territory on the scooter, with the possibility of new wreck sites; of course deep is likely virgin territory here too.

Let me know when you return; team bailout is always a good solution for extended range.

Michael

+ Reply to Thread