+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Submatix Sidemount Bailout Rebreather

RBW Member David Street is an unknown quantity at this point David Street's Avatar
    Modified Inspiration Vision

Sidemount DS-SM200

Re: Submatix Sidemount Bailout Rebreather

Quote Originally Posted by tflaris  View Original Post
    You would have to breathe on both units on the way down. Once at depth turn the O2 off.
    This is task loading. See my comments regarding descent procedure.

David

RBW Member David Street is an unknown quantity at this point David Street's Avatar

Sidemount DS-SM200

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T  View Original Post
    Hi Curt

Is it possible to add offboard O2 to the unit. 1ltr of O2 may not last the full length of Deco obligation

Also any info on the adv and opv

All great vids.....thanks

Paul Towning
    Hi Paul,
    I can answer this on behalf of Curt.
    The unit you see in the video clip is the Mk2 version. It's an improved KISS unit and very useable.

The Mk3 is under production and will feature...
    1. Off board gas connectors for DIL and O2
    2. An electronics pack and wrist console
    3. Larger counterlung

Watch this space!

Cheers,
    David

Sidemount DS-SM200

Quote Originally Posted by David Street  View Original Post
    Hi Paul,
    I can answer this on behalf of Curt.
    The unit you see in the video clip is the Mk2 version. It's an improved KISS unit and very useable.

The Mk3 is under production and will feature...
    1. Off board gas connectors for DIL and O2
    2. An electronics pack and wrist console
    3. Larger counterlung

Watch this space!

Cheers,
    David
    I forgot to mention that it will also have a sidemount mouthpiece which will make the look much tidier, both when secured during the dive and also during use.

Cheers,
    David

Sidemount DS-SM200

Hi Guys,

Well plenty has been happening over recent months, and my UK company (Dive Systems Ltd.) is preparing to launch the DS-SM200, a modified Submatix unit that is performing perfectly.

Take a look at the attached video clip and pics.

The marketing effort commences very soon.
    Attached Images

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

I see photos but no video clip.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Nor do I see a sidemount mouthpiece.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by nicothesailer  View Original Post
    Nor do I see a sidemount mouthpiece.
    ... and how does it breath when the unit is positioned near your hips?
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Old st(r)ockfish Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos's Avatar
    Megalodon 2.5

Loaded on YT few days ago.

Old st(r)ockfish Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos's Avatar
    Megalodon 2.5

Another video in shallow water.

Megalodon 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by jont  View Original Post
    Hello,

I've sent emails and PM's, these units seem very interesting and are represented on the SUBMATIX website as a current product that infers availability but whats the story here:

Are they available?

what options exist?

Price?

Delivery time?

How to order?

Thanks

Jon

I requested info from the manufacturer and he said that they are ready for production, the final version should be exposed to the Boot 2014 in Germany.

Since I buy it (I have to decide between Flex and Submatix) in 2015, i'll wait for some testing by people using it as a bob.